Meet Ady Bea : )

Guest eaglflyt

Guest eaglflyt

I'm introducing our new greyhound adoptee, Ady Bea. She flunked out of race training due to lack of prey drive ... definitely not lack of speed! She's sweet, kind and has blended well into our home of critters on our farm.

3424254049_6970811518.jpg

We've adopted her through Fasthound Greyhound Adoption Inc. in Seminole, OK. We're also volunteering to help with Fasthound.

3424254749_8e9bf3b8b4.jpg

Ady is only 19 months old. She loves her toys, collecting things to add to her bed space, racing around her 1/3 acre turnout area, and her food and treats. She's doing great with learning her manners and we've begun clicker training. We have obedience class planned fairly soon and we hope to do a little light agility, too.

She came with the name Cypress, which didn't seem to suit her. We chose Ady Bea for her new name. Ady means noble & kind and Bea means blessing. We're definitely blessed to have her in our family! :colgate

Oh, and I'm Shelly and my husband is Kim. We're proud to be new greyhound parents!

She is beautiful! Who is the little doxie next to her :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest houndstooth4

I love the expression on her face! We got Bunny at eighteen months old and I was afraid she would be a really busy little girl, but she settled in so perfectly -- I couldn't believe it. She did very well in obedience, too.

Congratulations and welcome!

Guest BEANORACENOMO

Bea wants to send a BIG hug to your gal. She is a beautiful hound. Welcome to the club. Stop by Red Fawn & Friends and say hi to the gang. Good luck and many years of happiness. Bea& human Joe

Guest TBSFlame

Congratulations. She is beautiful. I love to see people adopt black doggies. I just adopted Riley, who is also, 19 months old and also black.

:welcome2

Greetings from Gainesville, FL! Congrats on Ady Bea--she is totally gorgeous!! :confetti

You will love GreyTalk--it's the best!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest eaglflyt

Thanks so much everyone! She is a true joy!

The little one next to her is our elderly, matriarch dachsie, Ellie. We have 4 wonderful mini dachshunds ... Ellie, Strudel, Bruce and Lily ... and Ellie keeps them all in line. We also have a senior Aussie, Jake. The group gets along with Ady Bea like she's always been here. : )

Here's our dachsies ... Bruce, Ellie, Strudel & Lily:

3424783327_9d7deccbbc.jpg

and here's our Jake:

3425591856_4819900e04.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome to Ady Bea and us! We're glad to be here!

What a beautiful family! :wub: But where is Ady Bea's couch? :unsure:lol She is a cutie.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest eaglflyt

Thanks for the warm welcome for us, Ady Bea, and all our other canine family members. : )

BTW, the dachsies do let Ady Bea share the couch. Now, we just need to get a couch for the humans! :lol:

:confetti Congratulations :confetti and welcome to GT!

She's a stunning black beauty! Love the pack of weiner dogs and the aussie too!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 2 weeks later...