Mri

Lou seems to be having his neck problems for often then I am comfortable with. Tonight he was sleeping and then started to yelp and was very uncomfortable.

My vet suggested in the past that he should get an MRI- can someone recommend where I would take him. Also, what is the estimated cost of and MRI? Please tell me of experiences many of you have had.

I am in located in Morris county, NJ

thanks

I know they are pricey, prob somewhere around 1200 or so, I am in NY so I can't help you but your vet should refer you to a place he likes.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest LovesDoggies

They can do MRIs at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, NJ. Not sure how far that is from you. The hospital itself is quite impressive. Here's their website: http://www.rbvh.net/

Good Luck with Lou. I hope he's feeling better!

ETA: I think it was around $1,500-$1,800 for the MRI. We also had a dr's exam, meds were purchased, etc., and it was over 1.5 years ago, so I don't recall exactly.

Edited by LovesDoggies

I second Red Bank. I'm in NJ and have taken Pearl there for CTs and other issues.

My Onyx had an MRI done by Dr. Glass (WHAT A SWEETIE OF A DOCTOR!!!) When she was 8. She's now 13. So it was a while ago. But there were no problems. I seem to recall back then it hovered around $1000. I did have insurance on her and they paid most of it.

PS. Shouldn't be more than an hour away. Take 287 south to Parkway to exit 109.

Edited by MP_the4pack

Your vet can suggest where it can be done.

Ryan had his done in Rochester, NY at a mobile MRI after the humans were done - the vet office had time in the evening until they got theirs set up in their hospital.

Ryan's MRI was $1900 with everything.

The MRI itself was $1250, but that was just the machine, not anybody reading the images and not the sedation or anything else required.