New Adopted Family

Guest greyfamily

Guest greyfamily

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and my family and my 2 new boys!!! I have been reading here for several weeks now and I love all the information!!!!!

Well we have now finalized the adopt of 2 boys Turner and Joe (although we may still change Joe's name)

Turner (Left Turner) (Black) comes home on Wednesday and Joe (TNJ Rodeo Joe) (Brindle) will follow a week later. As a family we are really excited about our new boys and will continue to use Greytalk for all the greyt info available

Here is Joe

IMG_2926.jpg

And Turner

IMG_2946.jpg

Congrats! :confetti Your life will soon be changed forever! :D Very handsome boys, BTW. :wub:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Gorgeous dogs. My bridge boy, Major Turn, had the kennel name of Turner. My DH always called him that.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona! Congratultions! You will have to tell us how you came about adopting both Joe & Turner!

Congratulations! and :welcome2 from Rimouski

Your going to love it here

Your boys are :beatheart:kiss2

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Guest greyfamily

Spencers Greyt you asked how we came to adopting our beautiful boys, well I have always loved Greyhounds.

So several months ago DH and I decided to look into adopting a dog. We have 3 children who have been around dogs but we are reviewing the "rules" daily in preparation to our boys coming home. I began looking on the internet for dog breeds specifically sighthounds and came across Greytalk and the GRA website.

We went to visit Bill from GRA Canada to look for a petite female. While looking at all the females to adopt a black quiet male in the corner caught me eye (I admit I love the look of black Greyhounds) so I asked to have him brought out. He was great with the kids. He didn't shy away but yet he wasn't overly excited by them either.

Anyway we decided that Turner was for us and we were hoping that he would be able to come last Saturday. Well as it turned out he couldn't get into the vet but Bill said we were welcome to visit again. The kids were a little disappointed he couldn't come home but thought another visit would be fun before he comes home this week. While there I asked to walk another dog so we could see Turner's reaction. I had my eye on Joe from GRA adpotables list too and I requested Joe. Well the boys got along great. Joe was also great with the kids and to top things off he was very affectionate too!!!

So to make along story short, on Sunday after much discussion we decided that Joe was for us too! He will be coming home next week so have a week to help Turner adjust. I cannot wait to have both my boys home!!!!

Sorry for the long post but I am a proud "momma" can you tell??? :blush

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming adoptions! Both boys are very handsome. :wub::wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :confetti:confetti:confetti I hope you, your family and your new pups will have many years of happiness!!!

Welcome from Connecticut!!!! :welcome2

Guest Javagirl

Sooooooooooo handsome and I'm a sucker for brindles.

Congratulations and how wonderful that you were able to welcome two!

Kristyn

Guest greytgrandma

welcome from Illinois. When I scrolled down to the photos my heart skipped a beat. SWOON

:inlove

What a handsome pair of boys :wub:

Edited by greytgrandma