Goodbye, My Sweet Jock --- I'll Love You Forever!

Guest jocksmom

I am very sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gotgr8hnds

My eyes are crying. . . . I hear you and I feel your pain. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. Please don't feel alone - we are all here and care about you. Jock knew how very much you loved him and that you were doing everything you could to help him. As hard as it was, you gave him a final gift of love when you helped him to the Bridge. He will wait patiently there for you and, one day, you will see him again. Until then, he'll be the brightest star when you look up in the sky at night ~ your guardian angel watching over you.

~~~Sweet Jock, may you 'kick up the wind' and run :gh_run on the wings of angels~~~

:grouphug Sending gentle hugs. . . :grouphug

:cry1 I'm so sorry for your loss. :f_red:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest poopsie1

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Memphis three years ago and I still can't think about him without crying. The pain and grief get easier to bear but they never completely go away. But someday you will feel comfort remembering how much you loved him and how he loved you in return. May God hold you in the palm of His hand during this very difficult time. Run free, sweet Jock and give your Mommy a beautiful rainbow soon. :gh_run2f_yellow

Guest Gingergrey
:gh_run2 I am so sorry for your great loss. Like many of us, I know the pain. Glad you decided to write about it-I think it will help you.

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Our gentleman greyhound Dowland (AKA Don't Point) died in his room in a sunbeam that same day.

He would have been 14 in June, and had been with us almost 10 years.

I still find myself grieving over his passing.

Your love for Jock is palpable in what you write.

He was blessed to have you, and you were blessed to have him in your life.

I hope that Jock & Dowland met each other at the bridge and are having a grand old time,

telling each other stories about their peeps and waiting for us to show up to play with them again.

--Isaac

Guest jocksmom

I am so very grateful for the many kind and supportive replies here. You really do understand how much i love Jock, and how I feel at losing him.

I can't even describe how comforting it is to find that someone understands, and that so many people took the time and care to read our story, and to send such loving responses.

Thank you all so much for your comforting words, and for your caring wishes, thoughts, and prayers for Jock and me. I will never forget how kind and special you all are! Love and gratitude to all, on behalf of myself and my sweet Jock!

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Tried to privately mail you the following message, but you might not have enough posts yet to accept it, so here goes:

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Jock. My Coach left us in February and it was the hardest thing I've experienced in my 32 years.

I don't know if you are religious, but if you are, ask God to let you turn it over to him. This is not something that you are going to be able to conquer on your own. Hope I didn't offend. I'm usually very reserved with my faith, but felt compelled to share that with you.

Regardless, know that you have GreyTalk family with you and I'm sure within our numbers the reactions to our losses have run from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I'm praying the good Lord helps you find peace over Jock's passing. I'm sure he is waiting on you at the bridge and wants you to feel better until you get reunited.

Big hugs!

Guest Carla

I am so very sorry for your loss. Jock is smiling down upon you thanking you for the wonderful life you gave him. Jock will always be with you in spirit.

Godspeed sweet Jock, you are greytly missed.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Guest KateWantsaGrey

So sorry for your loss. I'm right there with you right now. I was browsing a website the other day about pet loss and saw an add for a product called "Pet Gems". If you had your pet cremated they will take a few tablespoons of the ashes and have them melted into a unique gem for you and set into jewelry. I'm going to have one made for Bandit at some point. I thought it was a nice way to keep them close, without everyone else knowing about it. I hope you find this interesting, and not as me trying to hawk products at you while you're feeling upset, i swear i don't own stock in the company! http://www.pet-gems.com/

Guest CarolN
My whole life changed. I have lost a number of loved ones before, including my parents, whom I loved very much. Somehow that I can't explain, this is different. I am grieving so deeply, I miss my dog more as time goes on, and I don't know how to heal. I don't even know how to explain to anyone --- friends and family don't seem to understand. Some have reminded me that I lost a dog, not a human --- as if that matters.

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful boy. I think it is so different because the relationship you have with a pet is so pure. You love them, they love you back, period. There is no nonsense, no pretense, none of the usual frustration or bs that's involved in even our fondest relationships with people. Also, your pets are there day in and day out no matter what is going on in your life. The loss of them leaves a huge hole that you feel all the time, because you are used to them being there all the time. The only comfort you can have is that you loved him fully right up to the end. There are no words unsaid, or should of, could of, would of's. That's not enough to take away the pain right now, but it's something to hold onto. All those good memories you have are yours forever. One day when the pain fades a little, you'll be able to pull them out and enjoy them again.

Guest greytexplorer

Hi Jocksmom,

I wanted you to know that after my Sam (nongrey) died, the hole in my heart was so big, I thought I would die.

I had adopted Mandy (grey) before he died, so I did the only thing I thought would help.....I adopted another greyhound (Ester) about 6 months later. And life did get better! :)

Yes, I still miss big lug Sam. But in his honor, I am helping other pups find their way to a forever couch----mine!

If you don't know if you're ready to adopt, would you please consider fostering?

That's another way to honor your beloved Jock.

You sound like a wonderful person with a big heart and a whole lotta love to give.

hugs,

~Pat

I just read your post about your wonderful sweet boy Jock, and the overwhelming grief you are going through. Just a dog???? I think not, Jock was so special to you. I know I love my Opie more than most people.

Take all the time you need to get through this, until the pain subsides and is replaced by loving memories that make you smile and remember.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I'm so sorry for your loss of Jock. It's unbearable to say goodbye and my prayers are with you.

Run free with the Bridge kids, Jock

It was two years after Joe died before I could say his name without crying. Grief is what it is. i'm so sorry for your loss.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest jcbradley11

We all grieve differently. For someone to say your grief is not normal....they truly don't understand. Your grief is your grief and you shouldn't feel judged because of it. It will take time and you probably can't see it now, but you will eventually be able to think of him and smile. You were blessed to have had each other in your lives. He left this earth knowing how much he was loved and you are very lucky to have your memories and his spirit with you until you see him again.

Godspeed sweet angel. Run free.

:gh_runf_yellow:gh_runf_yellow:gh_run