The Eagle Has Landed, Ok Will Land 4/19/09

Guest andthisisfresh

Guest andthisisfresh

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this board and I just wanted to introduce myself and my new family member. I'm George, and my new addition is named Eagle! I have wanted to rescue a Greyhound for several years now, but the situation has never been ideal until now. I've been an apartment dweller for years that has always worked long hours and being perpetually single didn't help the situation. Well I'm 32 now and have a house with a huge yard and I live 3 blocks from my retired parents. I still work long hours, but only 4 days a week. My parents have hinted to me that they would like a new dog in the house, but at their age were a little shy about adopting. So after a long we decided that I would adopt a greyhound and they would be its substitute parents in my absence. Eagle is going to make such a difference in the lives of both of our households, and we in turn will shower him with the love and attention that he has been needing and deserves!

He is currently being neutered (poor guy) and contingent upon a positive home visit (I don't foresee any issues) will be coming to his forever home on 4/19/09! I'm going to visit him on Saturday and bring him his first squeekie! I don't have any pics that I took, but I'll post up one from greyhound data. He's a Dark Brindle Boy with white feet a white chin and a huge white blotch on the back of his neck. I saw a few other greyt hounds before him, but he just spoke to me right away and after a few moments together I knew we had found each other.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone. He is my first, so forgive me if I end up asking some dumb questions. Hopefully as we learn from each other I can help add my insight!

Greyhound_Hanks_Eagle_Eyes-_2big.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UnrulyHounds

WELCOME!!!! Oh he is so beautiful!!! I am not partial to brindles at all ;) what is his racing name?? he is so shiny!!! :blush Never mind I found it :) What a lineage! He is distantly related to a few of my boys ;)

Holly

Excellent! :yay He's a very handsome fella, and it sounds like he'll have plenty of love and company between you and your folks. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhhhh ..... Eagle is Beautiful :wub::wub::wub::wub: Hello and WELCOME to GT :wave:wave:wave just ask and

and all this wonderful,experienced ,knowledgeable People will help you . We welcome your Parents to. :wave

Guest FullMetalFrank

He is a beautiful boy, sounds like you and your folks are going to have a wonderful time when he comes home! Welcome from Oregon!

Guest GreytMuse

Welcome to our community! :) I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your boy as your adoption becomes finalized.

Good luck and don't be shy -- everyone here was once (or still is) a new greyhound owner with questions of our own!

Guest KennelMom

Welcome and congrats on your new boy! :yay He's very handsome! 4/19 is pretty far off...why the long wait?

Edited by KennelMom

Welcome from Maine :welcome2 Eagle is just gorgeous - I love his markings. We all look forward to seeing more photos of him when you bring him home.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest greytkidsmom

Welcome and congratulations!

This is the beginning of a wonderful love affair.

Fortress (Eagle's great-granddaddy) is Kebo and Lucas' Granddad.

:welcome2

Hi there from Gainesville, Florida!

It's nice to meet you, George. Eagle is just gorgeous, and we can't wait to see more pics of him when he comes home!

By the way, I see that Eagle's granddad is the famous Kiowa Sweet Trey. That's my brindle boy Toby's dad! There are a lot of KST relatives on Greytalk, so Eagle will be among lots of family here!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest NewGreyOwner

Hi George - Your new brindle boy looks like the twin to our guy, Connor! Same dark, shiny coat and markings. Congratulations!! He's a beauty!!

Guest andthisisfresh

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I just realized that I made a major double typo! Eagle is coming home 3/19/09. His birthday is 4/2/07 so for whatever reason I had April on the mind.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi George and Welcome from Arizona! Eagle is a very handsome boy! Why do you have to wait so long to adopt him?

Edited to add: Just noticed your post about him coming home 3/19 - now that's more like it!

Edited by Spencers_Greyt

Guest HighMaintenance

Hi there and welcome! Exciting times for you! I'm sure you will be hooked once you have a greyhound in your life. And, how wonderful for you and your parents to be so close and could work out this arrangement. He will be one lucky hound.

He's related to my boy, Je t'aime (distant relation). CONGRATS!!!!