The Eagle Has Landed, Ok Will Land 4/19/09

Guest andthisisfresh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BoogieDown

Hello, and welcome to both you and Eagle! He is very handsome! Please don't feel funny about asking "dumb" questions. We have all been where you are now, and we all want this adventure to be a success for both you and Eagle.

Guest Morgaynn

Hi George Welcome to Greytalk. --- You'll find that Eagle is probably related in some distant way to a lot of hounds here, including my Nike through HB's Commander --- and it's pretty tough to keep up! He is absolutely stunning.. and as far as Greytalk goes- There is no DUMB question especially when you are a first time grey owner (I'm riding that wave with you, I just have 6 months more experience :lol) The people here are great! :welcome:wubsite You'll find that there is a wealth of information here from greyhounds to towels and household appliances... Either way, Please put your seat and trays in the upright position and buckle your seat belt, You have begun your journey to the "Grey Side" of life! Enjoy!

Nike and Lily of Oh-hi-yoh-land

Edited by Morgaynn

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Hi George! Nice to "meet" you :) Welcome from California! You're gonna like it here.

Eagle is a real stunner! Can't wait to see lots more pictures.

Guest andthisisfresh

Eaglevisit.jpg

Just a quick picture update. I went for a visit today and brought Eagle a toy, and on worn shirt of mine to keep him company. His other picture looked so serious so I posted up a happy to see me picture!

Guest CDNgreys

He is just SO SWEET!!!

Good idea with the shirt. I still do that with my newest grey when I have to leave the house.

Come on 3/19!!!!!!

:bounce1

He is adorable and does look very happy to see you. Congrats and welcome.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest argolola

Welcome from Florida. Eagle is soooooooooooo adorable! You're in good company here. We all help each other with questions and everything. You will love having a greyhound. They are the best.

Guest greymama002

Your Eagle looks very happy and handsome too! I love his white markings on the dark brindle; does he happen to have a white tip on the end of his tail also? (Just asking because my Pulsar is a brindle with white feet and the cutest little white tip on the end of his tail.) Both my boys are relatives of your Eagle through HB's Commander; so :welcome to the wonderful world of life with :ghplaybow:gh_runner

Guest andthisisfresh

Hi Everyone. My adoption has hit a few bumps in the road this week, nothing major, but it's noteworthy. It turns out that Saturday after I went to visit him he and a few other dogs in the kennel became pretty ill. They all wound up going to the vet and it was determined that they all had some type of airborne flu. He's better now, but it pushed back his neutering appointment until Thursday (3/19...adoption day) So I'm going to do all the adoption paperwork on Thursday still,and provided he's in good shape and I promise to keep him calm and relaxed I can pick him up Friday. So yeah, one more day isn't gonna hurt as long as it's what's best. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. Hopefully you'll see homecoming pictures soon! :colgate

Guest Morgaynn

He'll be home in no time :D 3 more days.... that gives you some time to prep for him coming home after his neutering. And more time to worry and build that excitement and giddiness.. He'll be home and You will have your baby where he belongs ;) and We'll get Pictures! :confetti

Counting down the days with you ( I remember when I went through this- I was a BASKET case :hehe I bet you are too!)

Guest koolaidnconner

He is beautiful....I love the brindles.....I remembering counting down the days 2.5 years ago when we got Kool Aid...

You sound like your going to be an excellant dad.

Congratulations on your adoption of Eagle. :confetti:banana

Welcome from Virginia. He is adorable! I'm sorry you have to wait a little longer, but he will be so worth it!

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest myoozikluver

Hello from Southwest VA! :wave Your new addition is lovely...I can't wait for more pictures and stories! The next month will feel like forever but for both of your sakes I hope it goes fast...:)

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Darn!! I came in here hoping you were gonna get Eagle TODAY! But tomorrow's not too far away. Only one more sleep. I'm sorry he wasn't feeling well...hope he's all better!!