The Eagle Has Landed, Ok Will Land 4/19/09

Guest andthisisfresh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest andthisisfresh

Hi Everyone! Today is the day, however it is bittersweet.

As smooth as everyday life is in general life has its twists and turns. My grandmother passed today at the age of 92. She had been in hospice care for months and my family knew it was a matter of time. I had considered putting off the adoption if possible for a few days, but my mom really wanted me to do it today as she thought it would help the family in general, heal. So yeah, It's been one heck of a day but Eagle and I are finally home! He is so excited to be home! Everything is so new and exciting. We have been going outside on the leash every hour and a half or so, and he has been a very good boy. He express a lot of interest in a feather duster of mine, but I told him NO, and he never looked at it again. So he listens! <br>

Ok here are the photos...I could go on and on, but its been one heck of a day.

ridehome.jpg<br>

couch.jpg<br>

rug2.jpg<br>

rug1.jpg<br>

Have a greyt one everyone! We need a nap!

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

What a lovely boy! Congrats!!

I am really sorry to hear about your Grandma. My condolences to you and you family.

Oh, Eagle is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the little white stripe on his nose!!

You are in for some exciting times now!! Come back to GT if you have any questions at all. This place is a great resource for greyhound advice. There are some real experts on this board.

I am very sorry about your grandmother's passing.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Morgaynn

The saying goes, "One life ends, and a new one begins." I'm not so sure that this situation is "technically" covered by it, but the principle is the same IMO. I am sorry to hear the news of your Grandmother and wish you and your family well during this difficult time... :f_yellow

WELCOME HOME EAGLE! :confetti The world has opened up to him and it seems a new life for everyone around you both has been born! Welcome to the Grey Side! :gh_run2

Guest argolola

Condolences to you and your family on the passing of your dear grandmother.

Welcome home Eagle! Wow, what a gorgeous pup. He looks very happy.

Guest andthisisfresh

I think he is settling in nicely!

Thanks for all you thoughts everyone.

0322091225.jpg

Forgive me for posting a bunch of pictures in my own thread, but I'm a proud poppa! Eagle has been very good, he hasn't had any accidents in the house, he goes out and does his business. He sleeps through the night in his dog bed, usually upside down. He doesn't whine, he counter surfs a little but a quick NO! and he's back down. He follows me around like a shadow, it's pretty funny. He's just the greatest thing ever! I'm hooked!

I think he is settling in nicely!

Thanks for all you thoughts everyone.

0322091225.jpg

Forgive me for posting a bunch of pictures in my own thread, but I'm a proud poppa! Eagle has been very good, he hasn't had any accidents in the house, he goes out and does his business. He sleeps through the night in his dog bed, usually upside down. He doesn't whine, he counter surfs a little but a quick NO! and he's back down. He follows me around like a shadow, it's pretty funny. He's just the greatest thing ever! I'm hooked!

Greyt news!! He seems like such a good boy. And wow, fastest roacher in the (east? west? wherever you live!).

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Welcome from Phila, Pa! My condolences go out to you and you family for your grandmother.

Eagle is a very handsome guy! I am a recent first time adopter as well and completely appreciate your excitement. I waited 18 years to get my husband past "over my dead body" about a dog. When he finally had a change of heart, I put in the adoption application in August with a greyt foster-based adoption group up my way. We waited (as patiently as possible) through a recent GUR of hounds filling the foster capacity that didn't match our situation (only dog, cat & kid friendly), a tropical storm, the unfortunate death of my adoption coordinators mother, and babesiosis scare. But finally, November 28, Ringo moved home. He is a red brindle with similar markings to Eagle, and I have been smitten ever since!

It just keeps getting better! GreyTalk is a wonderful forum that has really enhanced my experience having a GH part of my family. Keep the pictures coming.

I'm a proud Momma, so here's a pic of my boy:

RingoOutdoods-1.jpg

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

Guest UESBrindle

Eagle looks quite a bit like our guy William- same mark down the nose, white tux, and white on his toes!

Remember: NO question is too dumb! I have found so much useful info here, and lots of good advise. There is certainly strength in numbers when it comes to figuring out all of the wonderful quirks of this breed

P1000476.jpg

:confetti Welcome home Eagle! :confetti

What a handsome boy he is. :wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheDoggfather

Of course he's a good boy and is adjusting easily... he's one of our former racers. Eagle came to us after his training was finished, but, he wasn't competitive enough to run here in Jacksonville. After giving him a shot and proving us right, we sent to to Orlando to see if he would fare better. Seems like he didn't :P

But, that's okay! It's good to see another one of our guys get a chance to show someone how cool greyhounds are.