Update On Cindy

Guest Bonansa

Guest Bonansa

Cindy had her amp last Friday and we brought her home yesterday. I am really glad we persisted on the aminocaproic acid. I don't think the surgeon would have used it were it not for the insistence of our oncologist and our "reminder" calls to make sure they had it on hand. The oncologist sent some over to our vet's office, and it was there and waiting on Friday morning. :colgate Even still, she had a fair amount of bleeding and needed to stay an extra day. That said, the surgeon was great and the techs--I cannot say enough about them--they treated Cindy like she was their own pet. One of the techs personally stayed next to her recovery crate for the two nights she was there, and when he noticed that she was not getting comfortable, they gathered up all the blankets they could find in the center and a foam pallet and made a soft bed for her just outside the crate.

RobinM, you sure were right. Last night was really hard. She whimpered all night and we didn't know if it was from discomfort, time for a potty break, or just being freaked out about the whole thing. DH and I took turns being with her on the floor. (She cried every time I tried to work a little on my laptop. Uncaring employer--THAT's another story!) Unfortunately, we live on the 4th floor with no elevator, so DH had to pick her up and take her every couple of hours when we thought she might have to relieve herself. We all had to get our timing right, so to speak, but now we are getting her signals.

One bright ray of light, though. Cindy has always been a "let's get on with it" kind of girl, but she truly shocked me yesterday. John was "off duty", taking a nap, and I was finishing something on the stove. I left her on her bed for just a couple of minutes, when I heard something behind me. I turned around and almost literally fell over. It was Cindy. Just standing there smacking her lips, looking up at me with her pretty brown eyes. I couldn't speak. I said--how di--but--how did you?--... She was looking for a drink of water at her regular spot in the kitchen, not realizing that we had moved her bowl to the bedroom. It was so great, and I knew then that she would be ok.

Next up is chemo. The surgeon is recommending that we wait until she is healed, but I hear from some of you that you started immediately after surgery. Hmmm. Something to think about. I've forgotten the name of the protocol, but I'll update when I get home.

Thanks all.

Awwww....bless her precious heart....Kiss Cindy for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greydogluvr

Such wonderful news. She is so brave. It is just amazing how well they adapt, without complain or a second thought.

You have a lot to look forward to like the first time she runs and plays, gains back any weight she has lost, her hair growing back.... I can not wait to hear all about it. The first few weeks are the most trying, but so worth it. My Willie is 9 weeks post amputation and he is back to his old self. He is even happier and more lively than was before the amputation. Please post updates and pictures of your girl.

BTW, Willie did not start chemo until the biopsy results were back. This was about 2 weeks post amputation.

I am so happy to hear that she is doing good. We will continue to pray that she does well and the Chemo goes good... Please give her some :kiss2 :kiss2 :grouphug:dogcookie for us!!!! Thanks for the update.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Good girl Cindy :)

(Darcy started her chemo just short of three weeks after her amp)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Brave little girl. Cindy, you go girl!

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.