Arthritis Prevention

Guest SandOSU98

Guest SandOSU98

Does anybody know of any good supplements I could give Colby to avoid arthritis? He's only 3 and not exhibiting any symptoms but I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to help prevent or postpone it.

Right now he's just on fish oil.

If only we could prevent it!

You can't--you can only ease the progression.

Not all dogs end up with it at all, but at his age, you'd be wasting your money.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest SueG201

I use Wholistic Joint Care for my 10 yr old greyhound, I started it about 4 mos ago and she

acts like a puppy, if you google " Wholistic Joint care" the website will come up. It is pricey

but well worth it.

Guest suzye

I only plan to give supplements starting at age 8. My vet advised to start Popo now (he's 7) since he had a broken leg. I'm compromising and giving him Glucosamine & Chondroitin every other day until her turns 8. He's still zippy.

Guest SandOSU98

Not all dogs end up with it at all, but at his age, you'd be wasting your money.

I wish there was a way... we had to put down our 13/yo English Springer Spaniel because he was so arthritic he couldn't even squat to go to the bathroom. It's a terrible affliction.

Guest longdogs

Agreed. There really isn't much that helps. Fish oil perhaps. The evidence for glucosamine supplements is falling away under greater scrutiny.

My Brandi has been on supplements since age 3 1/2 (track injuries). Acupuncture and chiro at the holistic vet has helped. Also I use various supplements from the greyhoundgang.org and Marina with naturalrearing.com. Best Friends Sanctuary swears by Azmira products. Also ask the holistic vet what he/she would recommend.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I use Wholistic Joint Care for my 10 yr old greyhound, I started it about 4 mos ago and she

acts like a puppy, if you google " Wholistic Joint care" the website will come up. It is pricey

but well worth it.

Thank you for the recommendation. I just ordered it. Going to try the 8 oz. Yes it is pricey but at this point I don't care

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg