Caesar's Breathing Is Labored

Guest tennesseegrey

I am sorry I have no advise, but we are sending lots of prayers and hugs.... :hope:hope:hope:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tennesseegrey
Can't get this boy off my mind. Wondering how he's doing

Caesar's breathing is still very rapid, but I've increased the Tramadol and added Gabapentin to keep him comfortable. He's eating pretty well, though somewhat finicky. His coughing has increased little by little. I know his time is near and I have to leave town for 2 days and I'm just stressing about it. My husband will be here and will take care of him, but I know Caesar is a mommy's boy. I pray that he doesn't worsen while I'm gone. Thank you for thinking of him.

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

lots of prayers going out for this boy and hugs for you as well. my boy had osteo too. i hate this disease. the night i came home and he had labored breathing, i stayed up with him for hours talking and trying to calm him down. i knew what was best and it crushed me to the core, but we have to love them and let them go when we know the time is right. i'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Sending more prayers...give precious Caesar some hugs for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending gentle hugs for you and your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Just reading this. I lost two of my greys to osteo. I was told that once it is in the lungs it is painful, and I could not stand for them to be in pain. :hope:hope for you and for Cesar.

The hardest gift we can ever give our hounds is the gift of letting them go and being painfree. Then the pain is all ours. :bighug to you at this most difficult time.

Guest EmbersDad

ember had a plural effusion, which is a buildup of fluid. caesar may have that. your vet can probably give you meds to reduce it and make his breathing easier.

Just reading this. I lost two of my greys to osteo. I was told that once it is in the lungs it is painful, and I could not stand for them to be in pain. :hope:hope for you and for Cesar.

The hardest gift we can ever give our hounds is the gift of letting them go and being painfree. Then the pain is all ours. :bighug to you at this most difficult time.

Here here.

I put my dog down when he refused to eat. I knew he'd had enough--my gift to him was a quick end to what was a painful nerve sheath tumor that he lived with for about 8 months. Long enough for me to prepare myself and say goodbye.

Hugs from Boston,

Susan

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I lost my PUP to Osteo too .... the best gift you can give to an animal you love is to free it from its pain.

I know this is a hard decision, but when the disease is to this point, there is little else you can do to help your pet.

Sending you hugs to help you through this sad journey.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest Vinnie

Thinking of Caesar today and wondering how you are all doing and how he did while you were away? Sending more prayers for your sweet boy.

Guest tennesseegrey
Thinking of Caesar today and wondering how you are all doing and how he did while you were away? Sending more prayers for your sweet boy.

I was so afraid that while I was away, I would miss his last 2 days. That's what happened and I hate it, but I know he's in a much better place having fun with his friend/sissy Rosie. Thank you for checking in.