We Need Prayers. For Me And Beau

RobinM

Still on the azathioprine?

Yes, 2 weeks today. We are up to 1202 calories for today and the night is still young.

PArt of the reason the calorie count was so high was that we were home Fri, Sat and Sunday to feed him every 2-3 hours.

My son comes home from school @ 12:30 to let him out and give him food.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myjazzy

I'm glad to hear he's eating. He must be feeling better. Have you weighed him lately?

I looked up Polli's pedigree and she's a Cobblepot, just like my Darla was. She was a happy, crazy, funny girl, and the she was also a white/brindle. Billie made a portrait of her and I think it's still up in her Cafe Press store. She definitely captured her personality.

Yes, Polli id a happy, crazy, funny demanding sweet loving girl. I adore her. There are just no words. When Poll is quiet (like now) I worry.

The picture of Polli that Billie did is in my living room!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hang in there Robin. I've been following your story for a while. My guy was diagnosed with PLE/PLN and severe IBD about a month ago following a three day hospitalization and an endoscope. I spent $60 on an 18 pound bag of z/d food to only have it go straight through him Fortunately, a local greyhound kennel had a girl on it so it went to good use. After the z/d reaction, I went straight to a certified nutritionalist and had a diet formulated specifically for his needs. So now I use a kitchen I never knew I had :rolleyes: It's frustrating. I know. It's tough to get weight on him and my guy particularly hates breakfast so the mornings are very frustrating trying to get all the pills in him and then the stress of thinking he may not eat at all. Stay the course and I hope you find the nutritionalist a good resource. Thinking good thoughts for Beau.

Was just checking in to see how things are going. I now have a foster dog that doesn't want to eat. He was just released from the hospital after a bout with pancreatitis and he might have some kidney damage as a result. He's emaciated looking and is completely uninterested in the k/d that the vet sent home with him. Per advice from some friends I've been feeding him raw chicken necks and ground turkey. Sounds like Mr. Beau has some allergies/intolerances that would prevent him from eating something like that though.

Fingers crossed for more successful calorie days! :goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--