Poor Clark His Mouth Isn't Healing! Update Post 12

We are going back to the vet this morning. Looks like the same issue we had 2 years ago when they pulled his other upper canine. The gums have pulled apart and are not healing. Poor baby is not going to be very happy to go back today.

Please keep him in your thoughts today.

Edited by gryhndsr4us

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

Guest KennelMom

Sometimes the hole never heals when they pull a top canine. When Erin had hers pulled before we adopted her, she came to us with the stitches still in. It never healed, so they tried one more time to close it and it still didn't heal. She lived that way for nearly 3 years with no problems. We just checked it to make sure no kibble lodged in there.

No advice, just some hugs for your very handsome boy and yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor boy, he's home and miserable, and we have lots of meds for him. I stopped at McDonalds on the way to pick him up so I have hamburgers for his breakfast.

Part of his problem is the gums were so bad there isn't much healthy gum left to stitch. Also the bone in the front of his mouth has deteriorated so badly the hole goes up into his nasal cavity.

Sue ,Sky and Dood, Bridge angels Clark, Gypsy, Dreamy and Sneakers, Oshkosh,WI Heartbound Greyhound Adoptionsept2013sigcopy_zps8ad6ed09.jpg<p>

He is feeling better this morning. He ate his breakfast and even barked at the trash man! :rolleyes: The swelling is almost gone. Now we just wait to see if the stitches hold and the gums heal. I did vet wrap the dew claw on that side as he was rubbing at his face. I don't know if he could have ripped out the stitches before but don't want to take a chance.