Diabetic Grey

Guest ibeakila

Guest ibeakila

Anyone out there have a diabetic greyhound, mine is male boy, 6 yrs old, have changed vets, switched to vetsulin from insulin. Back and forth every four days to vet, trying to get him regulated. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thjank You Julie

Hopefully Thunderpaws will see your post. She's dealt with a diabetic grey before.

Here's some links to articles click here

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I have a diabetic whippet foster & it did take a while to get her insulin level adjusted & now she just goes in for check ups every few months. She know when it's time for her shots & will go to the kitchen to wait while I get the needle ready. It's a good idea to keep a tube of nutri-cal or honey on hand in case he starts to go into shock so you can get the sugar into him quickly. My vet has me feeding 3 meals a day & we were on 4 a day for a while until her level was regulated.

If you want more info or just to compare dogs just PM me

Guest ibeakila
I have a diabetic whippet foster & it did take a while to get her insulin level adjusted & now she just goes in for check ups every few months. She know when it's time for her shots & will go to the kitchen to wait while I get the needle ready. It's a good idea to keep a tube of nutri-cal or honey on hand in case he starts to go into shock so you can get the sugar into him quickly. My vet has me feeding 3 meals a day & we were on 4 a day for a while until her level was regulated.

If you want more info or just to compare dogs just PM me

Thank you, I do keep karo syrup on hand at all times, we are going to contact vet again this weekend, he wants us to do curve a lot but it is so hard because of work

Guest sirsmom

we had a diabetic mastiff that did remarkably well. The trick was giving feedings and insulin at the same time every day, same food amounts and same brand of food etc. each day also. He died 4 yrs later of an orthopedic problem unrelated to the diabetes, so hang in there.

Edited by sirsmom