Our Sweet Cairo...

Guest makenna25

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that final act of love is. May your wonderful memories bring peace and comfort to your aching heart.

Run free, sweet Cairo.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome Cairo. f_yellow:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest makenna25

I hadn't been able to check this for a few days... I am just overwhelmed with all the kind words! You all have lifted me up so much!! We are doing pretty well. Strider, our Golden Retriever, looked for Cairo that first night nose in the air sniffing for him, but since then he has been ok. He has been cuddling with us on the couch, which is a kinda funny since it's hard to cuddle with a 109lb dog! :)

It has been almost a week, and the house seems a little empty, but Strider has been therapeutic for both Andrew and I. In a weird way, as some time goes by and I can get away form caring for sick Cairo, I can start to think on and remember healthy Cairo even better. I love the video Andrew put on our blog... that's how I remember him, playing and wagging!

I too got Amy's email the other day and was shocked and saddened to hear the news :( What a sweet boy - actually, truth be told, if I'd been in a better financial situation when he was at the kennel, he'd have come home with me in a heartbeat. He and my Fritz are the same kind of guy. I'm glad Cairo found a loving home with you - he's truly a great example of how sweet and comical a greyhound can be.

Hugs to you :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Beautifiul photos of Mr. Ro - and loved the video! I am so sorry he left you much too soon. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead