New From Ohio

Guest DogMom55

Guest DogMom55

Hello All!

My name is Dawn and my husband Dave and I recently adopted (or was captured by) a retired greyhound. Boomer Toronado (Windy) came to us as a two year old un-raced foster named Tink; she came from a track but apparently wasn't a motivated racer and at two she was gratefully taken in through Queen City Greyhounds in the Cincinnati area. We didn't particular care for her name so we had a naming contest with all of our friends - grand (and only) prize was a $10 Starbucks card. We took 70 name ideas for a week, put them on a list, independently eliminated the ones that didn't speak to us and narrowed it down to 4 names.

Now introducing - Maggie (frequently called Maggie May, Magpie and Houndie).

2495182850042178824S600x600Q85.jpg

Maggie has been with us now since November 22, 2008. She is a gentle soul who has seemed to adapt very well to her new surroundings and our lifestyle. We've been fortunate that she doesn't hate all thresholds, is adaptable to our Honda Element and really likes to hang around us. She follows us whenever and had rapidly discovered the rolling to her side for belly love.

2734139780042178824S600x600Q85.jpg

2658910830042178824S600x600Q85.jpg

Maggie has a sister - Ella Belle who is a no-kill shelter rescue. Ella has never met a dog she couldn't love and in just a couple of quick months has gone from "When is that other dog going home?" to welcoming Maggie fully into the pack. They get along very well and are gentle with each other.

2997654640042178824S600x600Q85.jpg

2433337910042178824S600x600Q85.jpg

So - Maggie and I will be on and off the board to keep tabs on other Greys, learn more about the breed and share our time with her.

So far, we're having a Greyt time!

Guest VanillaBean

Hi Dawn!! I am from the Sister group up north: North Coast Greyhound Connection!!!!! So glad to see you on here! Maggie and Ella Belle, what a gorgeous gals! Have fun on here. There is a lot of good information on here!

Traci

Hi from Alberta Canada, :welcome You will love this site!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Welcome from Fairfield, OH!

I have a brindle, too...his name is Max. We adopted a second grey two years after having Max. She is blue and her name is (so original) Indigo. :blush

I believe Queen City does a Meet and Greet in Fairfield, once a month. Maybe we will see you there?

Ellie

Welcome from Gainesville, FL!! :welcome2

Your girls are very beautiful!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France