Gidge

Sending best wishes. Even being an RN I was nervous when we first started fluids with Queenie...but it went very well. I did however use a smaller needle...took a little longer but it made me feel better that it wasn't such a big poke for such a little girl. Kiss Gidge for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending best wishes. Even being an RN I was nervous when we first started fluids with Queenie...but it went very well. I did however use a smaller needle...took a little longer but it made me feel better that it wasn't such a big poke for such a little girl. Kiss Gidge for me. :grouphug

Same here, I'm a PA and needles have always scared the crap out of me, especially when it involves my own dog.

You'll be a pro at it in no time.

Hoping your little girl feels better, she really deserves a break!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest SoulsMom

Good Luck! I don't know if I could do it . . . .well, ok, I could if I had to, but I'd be nervous wreck!

When Soul got Sub Q at the vets he hated the man-boobs it gave him :( They were given in his back, and then massaged in, but once we left they pooled to the chest area. Soul loves to shake himself, but was so weirded out doing so and having those moobs flop around.

My daughter, who is the world's biggest "I-can't-do-it!-No!-No!-NO!" kid, did it for her cat for about a month. You'll do just fine! Hugs and kisses for all of you!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest EmilyAnne

It's OK! Your gonna be an old pro at this before you know it! :colgate I have years of experience with this, and for awhile we were giving two pets sub-q fluids, a cat, and a chihuahua. I noticed sometimes it went in smoothly, and other times I had either a snarling cat, or a yelping chihuahua. Finally one day I figured it out and no longer had a snarling cat or yelping chihuahua when I administered sub-q.

Go ahead, turn on the lights, and get a needle right now, take the cap off. Take a look at the angle of the end. The pointest end, make sure that pokes the skin first, then the rest goes in nice and smooth! Easy peasy! :)

Good luck. It's scary at first, but it will get easier. I HATE needles and I gave Jazz subQs every day for 10 months. Just be sure to rotate the poking spots. After awhile I actually preferred giving subQs to cooking....