Jack Again!

Checking in and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's 4.30am and I'm up with him. He's very restless. He's drinking a lot and going in and out, and I think he's eating grass. He's also whimpering very faintly.

He isn't wheezing or panting, he's just very uncomfortable. I think he feels sick. I've given him some bread and some yoghurt, but I have nothing here that he could take for nausea, especially considering all the pills he's on. I wouldn't know if any of them might react with something like antacids.

He seems pleased to have company, but I wish I could do more for him. :(

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Well it's 4.30am and I'm up with him. He's very restless. He's drinking a lot and going in and out, and I think he's eating grass. He's also whimpering very faintly.

He isn't wheezing or panting, he's just very uncomfortable. I think he feels sick. I've given him some bread and some yoghurt, but I have nothing here that he could take for nausea, especially considering all the pills he's on. I wouldn't know if any of them might react with something like antacids.

He seems pleased to have company, but I wish I could do more for him. :(

I am so sorry Jack is feeling uncomfortable and the diagnosis wasn't more positive. Just being there with him is a comfort to Jack and he knows you are doing everything for him. Maybe he is restless because his routine has been changed and the medication is upsetting his stomach.

Lots of good wishes and hopes for Jack - it's hard to see them feeling so badly. And hugs for you as well.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Hope Jack is feeling more comfortable today.........if any of ours have tummy ache i massage in small circular motions clockwise when they roach and it seems to help a little.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Well, I talked to the vet yesterday about Jack's bad night and we agreed to cut out the Previcox for a few days, since he is known to have a problem with gastritis if he's on it for too many days in a row.

And Jack had a slightly better night - he was restless till about 2am so I gave him a Rennie (antacid) sandwich, and he settled, but then got me up at five to go out. He wasn't particularly distressed, didn't look as if he was feeling sick as he had the night before, but he wanted food. :rolleyes: He pestered me for a while after I went back to bed then settled and slept till about 11.30am! Wretched dog has got his sense of time all skewed! :lol

His breathing is doing really well, thank heavens. But since stopping the Previcox (two days without it now) he's developed a new limp, this time front left around the elbow area - I can see a little bit of a swelling around the joint. He has a funny walk - stiff, wide-legged gait on the back end, little show pony steps at the front - but he's just SO much happier.

Now, if I can only get him to sleep through the night again!

Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and the suggestions. I will take them all on board and give them due consideration. Not sure he'll like me rubbing his belly, and he never roaches these days, but I'll see. :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Prayers for gentleman Jack. Hope he is able to sleep through the night!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead