Lucius Is Still Limping...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you have a good supply of movies. :lol Hope the healing starts soon!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hope you have a good supply of movies. :lol Hope the healing starts soon!

:lol I pointed out to him a Saluki in the beginning and a (hard to tell because I just got a glimpse) wolfhound or deerhound later on. He's moving on to the 101 dalmatian movies. Lots of doggies. :lol

Lucius here,

My leg is still all swelled up but mommy is taking good care of me. My vet is going to take x-rays tomorrow at 4pm. My daddy has to come home from work early to lift me into the car and help me into the vet's office...since I weigh more than half of mommy! I have been getting ice on my leg and at first I growled and took my leg away but now I let mommy put it on and keep it on with no problem. Mommy brought me a toy that I want every time I am at the store. Mommy said normally she would not pay $16 for a dog toy but I am being such a good boy! It has 16 squeakers!!! She is even helping me guard it from my thief brothers!

Thank you for your concern! Mommy will update you as soon as she knows something!

And Nova...:kiss2 I am a strong boy...I will be ok. Mommy will do everything she can to make sure I'm feeling my very best!

:wub:

Lucius

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

Lucis, You are such a sweetheart and a cutie too.... We are praying you feel better real soon!!!! :grouphug:grouphug:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Oh, I just now noticed this...poor baby Lucius! Nothing like a little injury to get you the squeaky mat, huh? SIXTEEN squeakers??? Best...toy...ever! You get better for your mom and dad ok!

(PS~ Josey has a squeaky mat too...I swear she waits until I am on the phone or watching a movie to pull it out of her toybox, and just goes to town!!)

Guest Pandorazzzbox

Aww I hope Lucious does better! My Otis got the same squeek blanket thing when he was hurt on new years eve two years ago...my boy tore one of his toe nails out and never even cried! Mommy cried for two days, though. Give him a belly rub and a kiss on that beautiful nose for me and Otie!

Feel better Lucius.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Lucius, you are adorable. Hope your swelling goes down and you are on the mend quickly. Watch out for your special new toy - we know how much your brothers love to steal toys. Hugs and scritches.

OH Sweetheart...you are just SO precious. Sending many prayers and hugs too! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Update:

Back from the vet and 3 rounds of xrays. No cancer :yay (always a fear!), no fractures :yay(which is what we were thinking might have happened), nothing bone related. There is a TON of soft tissue swelling. :( Without an MRI (the vet does not have one) there is no telling if it is a sprain or tear. He has been sentenced to 10 DAYS of bed rest (10 days of no playing :eek ) with tramadol and ice. After 10 days if there is not marked improvement he has to go upstate for an MRI. (he also gained some weight with 2 days of no movement...so with 10 days of bed rest...less food!)

But...On the way home he got Ice cream.

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest SoulsMom
Update:

Back from the vet and 3 rounds of xrays. No cancer :yay (always a fear!), no fractures :yay(which is what we were thinking might have happened), nothing bone related. There is a TON of soft tissue swelling. :( Without an MRI (the vet does not have one) there is no telling if it is a sprain or tear. He has been sentenced to 10 DAYS of bed rest (10 days of no playing :eek ) with tramadol and ice. After 10 days if there is not marked improvement he has to go upstate for an MRI. (he also gained some weight with 2 days of no movement...so with 10 days of bed rest...less food!)

Yea!! :yay:confetti

When Soul had a sprain he was limited for two weeks as well. Had to leash walk him in the back yard.

Update:

Yea!! :yay:confetti

When Soul had a sprain he was limited for two weeks as well. Had to leash walk him in the back yard.

That's what we have to do. It's going to be so hard for him...he lives with a dalmatian, two 2 y/os and a 1 y/o.