Male Greyhound Anatomy Question

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Rudy is my first male, so I really don't know what a boy dog's weiner is supposed to look like. We have had him in for so many tests and he has a persistent fever, so the doctor and I are grasping at straws.

Last night I was laying on the bed and Rudy had jumped up to lay down with me. He was basically standing over me, so I looked at his belly, etc. to check for bruises, etc. At the base (not the tip) of his weiner there was a little round lump on the side I could see that was smaller than a golf ball but bigger than a marble.

Is this normal anatomy for a grey? I have only had females. The vet has ruled out almost everything. Two remaining possibilities are auto-immune disorder and the "c" word.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by argolola

Sounds like the infamous olives :) Bulbis glandis (or whatever the scientific name is) - it's what ties a male to a female during copulation.

And for reference: Olive thread

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest ArtysPeople

Sounds like a classic case of "olives on his hoo-hoo" or, as I called it when I posted a similar question, "ping pong balls on his manly parts".

D'oh! Turbotania beat me to it because I spent too much time searching for my "ping pong balls" question thread . . . which I never did find. <_< Too bad, because it was particularly humiliating for me.

Edited by ArtysPeople

• 3 weeks later...

Oh how I loved the 'olive' post!

When I discovered them on Miles (when he was happy) I was scared and was 'feeling him out'.

My daughter screamed, "YOU PERV!!! That's part of his penis!"

Guest argolola

lol...I never read the olive post because I had never had a male dog nor did I ever intend to. I didn't know what I was missing because they are soooooooooooooo sweet. My boy has turned out to be a snuggle bug and a mama's boy.

Thanks everyone.

Guest jerrybird

How is Rudy feeling these days? Did you ever find the reason for the fever? Oops, just saw your other thread.

Edited by jerrybird

I asked my vet :blush at the health check after adopting what the lump was on my first male greyhound and got told the same thing that it disappears and appears when he gets excited for 'whatever' reason.....

It's a greyhound thing!

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest jettcricket
Rudy is my first male, so I really don't know what a boy dog's weiner is supposed to look like.

....I'm sorry...I just found what you said in bold funny. :lol

Your boy sounds like a very normal male to me.

Guest greytmonty

I rushed Monty to the vet with this when we first got him. I was so embarassed when the handsome young male vet told me it was normal male dog anatomy!!!!!