White Dogs And Red Eyes

Guest rachel2025

I have read that they are a sign of stress. Our white dog had red eyes when he arrived. It took a couple of weeks for him to start feeling more comfortable and them to return to normal...now he only gets them when we leave him alone.

Are you referring to the iris of the eye or the "white" area of the eye? Is she an albino pup?

Actually, it is mostly the inside corners of the eyes I would say.

I have read that they are a sign of stress. Our white dog had red eyes when he arrived. It took a couple of weeks for him to start feeling more comfortable and them to return to normal...now he only gets them when we leave him alone.

That does sound like it could be possible.

The whites of our male dog's eyes get red when he is tired, just like a human's. I worried about it at first, but in the 7 years we've had him, it hasn't bothered him.

My Sadi gets rather red eyes....I think she has slight allergies...but it's not really a problem for her, and she's black so it's not just a white dog thing.

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest KennelMom

It may be more noticeable in a white dog because they don't have coat color to detract your eye from the redness, but I wouldn't say it's a white dog thing. As others have mentioned, eyes can get red from stress. I'd say if the redness persists, have them checked out by the vet, an opthamologist is ideal for eye issues.