Willie Chemo #1

Guest greydogluvr

Guest MorganKonaAlex
He did have Adriamycin so tomorrow will be the dreaded day three.

Everyone is different. When Alex had Adriamycin, I didn't notice a "Day 3" thing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA He is down 5 lbs from his initial diagnosis date. The guy at the front desk was concerned and wanted me to re-weigh him until I said, "he lost a leg."

That made me giggle :lol

Hope Willie is continuing to eat nicely and feel well :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending prayers and hugs for Willie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest RSD_Ranger

Big hugs for Willie from Ranger!!

Ranger has not shown any chemo side effects. We were so worried, we fed him Vanilla Pediasure and EVO 95% rabbit beforehand to try and bulk him up a bit. He gained 4 lbs and thought he'd gone to heaven when he ate the rabbit. I slowly added his dry food in with the rabbit and became an overzealous Italian mother with the "need to feed"!! Hoping Willie handles chemo like a champ :)

Guest greydogluvr

Willie is now on day 3 post chemo treatment 1 and 18 days post amputation. He is such a trooper. I wanted to post a picture of his cute earsies. Thanks for looking at my handsome boy!!!

postamp3006.jpg

He's very handsome indeed :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest EmbersDad

the scar looks great. the surgeon did a tremendous job. he looks wonderful as well. handling it waaay better than ember did. u go willie. u have a bridge kid watching over you. :angelwings

Guest greydogluvr

I am sorry I have not posted in a bit. It is exactly one week post chemo and Willie is doing great. He continues to eat like a horse and is continuing to become more social. He is spending more time with the family than even before the surgery. He begs for treats and has taken to a new favorite sleeping spot. He has moved from his corner (his favorite place for years) to a bed in the family room in front of the fireplace. It is so nice.

For those who do not know, Willie is quite shy and a bit on the spooky side. Just prior top his diagnosis he was beginning to come out of his shell and I was afraid the surgery, chemo, multiple vet visits would frighten him and cause him to regress. I contemplated my decision for a bit before proceeding because of this. He has removed any doubt I had. Willie is one special boy with a strong will and fighting heart. Each day I am so proud of him and am inspired by his courage.

He had his blood drawn today and we will have the results in tomorrow. It is going to be a long day and night.

Guest greydogluvr

Willie's bloodwork all came back within normal limits. He is scheduled for his next chemo on Friday. Today and yesterday he has been jumping around and playing like he did prior to surgery. He continues to be very hungry. He wakes me up in the middle of the night for snacks. I now sleep with treats by the bed. It may sound crazy, but I look forward to him waking me up for scratches and a treat. He has never been so social or outgoing. Whata trooper!!!!

Great news :D

:)

Good boy, Willie!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.