Queenie - A Year Ago Today

Guest lisa73

My heart didnt just break it smashed into a thousand tiny pieces.

Queenie there is never a day goes by that I dont miss you or question why you my beautiful white Princess had to leave me at only 5 years of age.

Queenie I adored you then :wub: , I adore you now :wub: , I will adore you always my angel.

Thank you for the days....

queeniestap.jpg

madam.jpg

:f_pink

What beautiful, sweet girl. I am sorry for your pain.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest ArtysPeople

That photo of Queenie in her pink chair embodies everything I love about greyhounds -- muscular and powerful yet a bit ridiculous, possessing a tender soul and all the beauty that was ever imagined. Sweets for the sweet: :f_pink

:grouphug

She's gorgeous. I love the pix of her sitting in the chair.

I too lost a 5 yr old. Sucks big time.

But the loss of Topaz is why I now have Pearl and Bwat. (um, Opal). They are all white/black cowdoggies.

Hopefully in the near future will be someone very special that Queenie will find for you.

Guest mbarson

Losing a dog is no picnic. My wife (who is a Borzoi person, with three of them who live with us) showed me a piece written by an author who nomally writes anout eerie things. This piece came from the Borzoi news list. I hope this helps you with your loss of such a beautiful girl.

I just finished reading a fiction novel and near the end of the book was a passage that jumped out at me. We have all suffered the pain that goes along with the loss of our dogs and some have more recently suffered this loss. I thought I would share this with all of you in hopes that it may bring some form of peace and understanding, (the word "her" can be read as "him"):

"Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honeesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is a way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions."

Dean Koontz, The Darkest Evening of The Year (Chapter 59, p.408)