2nd And 3rd Opinions For Beau

RobinM

No advice - just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and Beau. This is the most frustrating and worrying experience for you - to see your boy not eating and not knowing what the cause is. Your head is spinning, you have tried so many different foods (been there & done that) and you feel nothing is working. You need to know what is causing this and all my good wishes go to you that Beau can get back on track again and you have some answers.

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm sorry that this is so frustrating for you and that there are so many different things that keep on coming up and making it hard to stabilize Beau.

I think that you mentioned earlier that Beau had been on the flagyl for 6 or so weeks. I googled for side effects on this medicine, it notes decreased appetite. Could this be an explanation for why he has been eating less since thanksgiving? I think from your last posts that you mention this as the major issue you are dealing with now -- that he is not eating, is this correct?

Robin,

I am so sorry you and Beau are having to go through this.

Sending hugs and prayers.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm sorry that this is so frustrating for you and that there are so many different things that keep on coming up and making it hard to stabilize Beau.

I think that you mentioned earlier that Beau had been on the flagyl for 6 or so weeks. I googled for side effects on this medicine, it notes decreased appetite. Could this be an explanation for why he has been eating less since thanksgiving? I think from your last posts that you mention this as the major issue you are dealing with now -- that he is not eating, is this correct?

Beau has been off the flagyl 250 bid for about 5 days and his eating has decreased. It had deceased when he was ON the flagyl 500 bid. There is no rhyme or reason.

Yesterday trying to decide on which protein to stick with we offered him venson- 1 lick, beef tripe 1/4 cup lamp 1/4 cup and he took a lick or 3 out of DHs cottage cheese (fat free) when he left it on the bed to answer the phone. Beau licked it.

Interestingly enough, this was the 1st morning in WEEKS that he had a gurgly stomach enough that we could hear it. (he has been on prilesec EVERY day) but he also had the firmest poops in weeks. No where near normal, but heading that way.

So, like I said, there appears to be no rhyme or reason. Possibly a lactose intolerance. We plan on keeping him on the beef since the beef we can offer in different ways. There are also some beef canned such as BG so there are more than one option for beef.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest chubbster

Robin,

We have been so wrapped up in Phoenix that I am just getting around to reading all this.

Love and hugs to you and Beau from Chubbs and Phoenix and their humans

Guest LindsaySF

I will repeat what I said in your other thread. Please do at least 2 rounds of Panacur before doing something as invasive as a biopsy (even with negative fecal results).

Where I'm confused with your dog is his feeding. Are you switching up foods because he's picky, because it goes straight through him, or some combination of the two?

This confuses me too. I would not be changing his foods so much, even if he is picky. You might make him even pickier by catering to him, and it might be causing digestive problems if the food keeps changing.

I wish you luck. :hope

~Lindsay~

Vet will not give Panacur. We've done 6 fecals in total. 1 round of Drontal Plus and Flagyl for weeks.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest LindsaySF
Vet will not give Panacur. We've done 6 fecals in total. 1 round of Drontal Plus and Flagyl for weeks.

Well the Drontal Plus is good! That will get tapes, rounds, hooks, and whips.

When did he get that? Was there any improvement then?

Well the Drontal Plus is good! That will get tapes, rounds, hooks, and whips.

When did he get that? Was there any improvement then?

We gave that Sat eve and no change. He was worse Sundany, Monday and Tuesday.

We eally need to keep him on ONE, food. I have said that for the past 3 weeks and then he stops eating. He won't eat the exiotics like duck, rabbit, venson, all those things (I DON'T BLAME HIM!)

He is much like his mother Polli- the PITA eater. Chicken. Period.

Unreal.

Guest LindsaySF

Well Chicken is good. (I know it's my favorite ;)). Will he keep eating that?

When my aunt's Chow had cancer years ago, we were keeping him as happy as possible for as long as possible. He refused to eat kibble and for the last few months of his life he ate boiled chicken. That's it. But he was happy.