Drontal Plus

RobinM

How long until this kicks in? Beau tested negative but we are treating anyway. We gave it last night.

If he does have some type of parasite that is not being exposed in the 3 fecals we brought in, just wondering if it was going to work, when would it be working?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

For giardia, you'd give once daily for 3-5 consecutive days.

For worms, one dose and you'd probably retreat in 2-4 weeks.

When you'd see a result really depends. If he had an active hookworm infestation, you should see improvement in symptoms within a few days. If giardia, possibly not until the end of the 3-5 day treatment.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Batmom- all I got was 2 pills of drontal plus 2 be given together. No more.

That is it. That is all she is going to give me.

My question was more, when would HE be feeling the crummy effects of the drug as he is not eating today. Is it the drontal plus, the chicken that has been added in or the ID? I don't know but I am on the edge right now.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Good question, and I can't answer that. When I've given Drontal or other wormers, nobody's ever batted an eyelash. No inappetance, no gurglies, no diarrhea, no nothing. But, nobody here is Beau.

Remember, too, he hasn't been eating very well until p.m., right? So I would try to just wait and see. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Actually, had had been eating about 2-3 pm. 1 cup of kibble and 3/4 can of the chicken BG. Then about 9 or 10 pm we were getting another 1.5 cups with more BG. not bad. Today, nothing. I'm wondering if it was the drontal, the chicken which we just put back in or the ID or is it just getting worse.

We bought the natures variety raw. Hah. That was a good for a laugh. (I'm being obnoxious because I am really starting to feel unglued.) I

None of my dogs will go near it.