Question About Religion And Animals

Forevermybabies

Guest LindsaySF
God said that when we do get to heaven that we will have all the things we loved on earth.

I went to a Catholic school too, grades K to 4. (I am an atheist, my family is Baptist, go figure :P). This is what my mom said to me too, when I asked. She said what kind of heaven would it be if our pets weren't there?

As for finding specific bible verses, honestly the bible contradicts itself a lot. You can probably find one verse that says man is super special and beasts were created to serve him, and another person can find a verse saying that animals have souls too. :dunno

Ask your son if he thinks god would let animals into heaven? Let him believe what he wants to believe, what is comforting to him. It's good though that the teacher was very open to the discussion, and didn't squash all the kids' hopes!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God said that when we do get to heaven that we will have all the things we loved on earth.

I went to a Catholic school too, grades K to 4. (I am an atheist, my family is Baptist, go figure :P). This is what my mom said to me too, when I asked. She said what kind of heaven would it be if our pets weren't there?

As for finding specific bible verses, honestly the bible contradicts itself a lot. You can probably find one verse that says man is super special and beasts were created to serve him, and another person can find a verse saying that animals have souls too. :dunno

Ask your son if he thinks god would let animals into heaven? Let him believe what he wants to believe, what is comforting to him. It's good though that the teacher was very open to the discussion, and didn't squash all the kids' hopes!

Can you tell me where it does this in the Bible ( contradicts ) , and nowhere in the Bible does it say animals have souls

This thread has been GREAT!

It made me look further into the subject - and I found this & thought I would share it!

In Genesis 2:7 the KJV says: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

From this verse we can conclude two things about a soul. A soul is comprised of 1.) breath of God/spirit and 2.) a "container" for that breath or spirit. So then when a person dies, the soul exists to be because either God takes back his spirit or someone/something destroys the body. Its the same concept if you take hydrogen or oxygen away from water. You have gas molecules instead of a liquid when that happens.

Having said that, in Gen. 1:30 says: And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life...

So going back to your question, animals have a spirit, but they also have a body. So by definition, animals don't have souls - they ARE souls.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest dogdaze

Boy that's a hard one. I am a Christian and I read my Bible and I have yet to come across anything that definitely states animals don't get to heaven. Animals are sentient creatures, posessing the full spectrum of emotions and feelings with unique personalities and great capacity for love. I just can't think of them simply ceasing to exist when they leave us.