Prayers For Dallas

Guest trevdog

Guest HoustonGreys

:hope:hope:hope Still praying for Dallas!

I don't know what is more sad with the older Grey, him being in a home a week with no one to care for him or his owner being dead in the house and no one missing him/her. Very sad for both of them. :sad1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending good thoughts for Dallas and prayers for the older pup. I agree that it's hard to say which is sadder: the dog being alone for a week or the owner not being found for a week.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest onlymrsp

Coaster, Dexter, Ginger, Cloe, Shadow, Echo and Elf are sending the Gas Fairy to visit Dallas. They all said that they can afford a night without gas and that would make mommies very happy.

The humans here in PA are sending their prayers too. And trust me THEY WORK when mere mortals can't................ :grouphug:grouphug

Guest trevdog

Dallas is home and feeling much better! Still has gas, but is is moving along. I am taking her to Dr Hamilton tonight for a follow up and possibly some more xrays. Her stomach is normal, and she is pottying fine. And she is expelling some of the gas, which I'm sure is better. DH is home with her today so if anything changes we can get her in early. Still may be an obstruction, but it seems to be gas. No gas outside the tummy, the vet was well versed in peritonitis and knew immediately to look for it. We are extra viligiant with her since the last time this happened so the slightest sign of discomfort she goes in.

On the other grey, I found out there were 3 in the home, the other 2 were younger and were picked up by a group. The older grey was actually a female, I saw her when I picked up Dallas. She had been there a week receiving treatment and was still skin and bones, they had to carry her out to the car she was still so weak. On of the evets is adopting her and was taking her home to care for her. At least she will be getting some much needed care. She still had the gleam in her eyes too so I think she will be alright.

The place we went allows the staff to bring their pets in while they are at work since they work 12 hour shifts, I thought that was pretty cool.

I haven't been on GT so I've missed this... Dallas, Elphie and I are sending good thoughts your way. Hope you gas out your mom and dad and no surgery is needed!!!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest trevdog

Well we took her to the vet and he told us she had something he sees a lot of in greyhounds, I can't remember the name of it but it's basically they fill up with gas probably from eating too much or a combination of foods including human food (I think my Dad may have snuck her some food) is built up in their system and causes it to create a lot of discomfort. He told us next time to have some gas-x on hand and give it to her. If not better in 3 hours bring her in. She was doing much better until today, they put her on I/D for awhile. This afternoon she has the big D as not so active. I thought I/D wasn't supposed to cause that? She was fine yesterday. She felt well enough to play a bit and run some, but now seems not so well. Of course she still may be recovering from the lack of sleep at the evet. I may be running out to the store later to pick some up(gas-x) she was rather farty on our walk this morning too so maybe she's not quite over it. If not better tomorrow we will go back to the vet again. I think it's still possible she's got something in there due to her not feeling so well today but my vet was pretty confident based on her symtoms it's gas build up.

Glad she's okay and didn't require surgery again.

As for the 13 year old, I'm so glad she'll be care for by the vet. What a dreadful think for that poor pup to have gone through, I feel so sorry for her. Glad she still has that light in her eyes, although I'm sure she misses her owner. :wub:

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest trevdog

Argh, she still has the runs...she's eating and playing a little, but still not right. Anyone know if I/D dry could do this? She was on it when she had the obstruction surgery with no problem but that was in June of 07. I fed her what I had left of the canned I/D with some rice mixed in and she scarfed that up. If no better in the AM, we will be calling the vet again. She just started on the dry Firday night. At the evet she was getting the canned or chicken and rice and had good output. We got some gas-x and got some rather stinky gas out of her but still the big D.

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest trevdog

They feel she has colitis so she is taking something for the "D" and something for the colitis, starts with mez something. Hoping this helps they did say she was hydrated and to coninue on the I/D. Should see improvement in 24 hours. Not sure what caused it, she hasn't had anything but her food for over a week now. I'm hoping she can hang in there til DH gets home at 4, I can't go home at lunch since I came in late.

Sending more prayers for Dallas. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.