High Anxiety Gh

Guest embarkguru

Guest embarkguru

We have an extremely spooky girls who is 2 yo. She maintains things well most of the time, but when the winds really start blowing around here, she freaks! I feel so bad for her because there is no comforting her...and, there is no letting me go to sleep. Is there anything that I can give her to help her chill? Please let me know. BTW, she has nothing else that is wrong with her.

Thank you!!

Lesa

Guest EmilyAnne
We have an extremely spooky girls who is 2 yo. She maintains things well most of the time, but when the winds really start blowing around here, she freaks! I feel so bad for her because there is no comforting her...and, there is no letting me go to sleep. Is there anything that I can give her to help her chill? Please let me know. BTW, she has nothing else that is wrong with her.

Thank you!!

Lesa

Adopting a confident grey will likely help. My Henry has spooky tendencies, and recently Riley was unable to join us on walks because of a wrist injury. Henry was very spooky and nervous and kept freezing up on me when I walked him alone. I borrowed the neighbor's dog for walks and the problem was instantly 90% solved! :) Henry looks to other dogs reaction, and if he sees they are not nervous or anything, he decides then it is likely OK.

I have three spooks. When the weather is really bad one goes into the walk in closet. I have a pile of blankets in the corner for her to craw under. Another one gets in the tub and one in the shower. I give them blankets also to hide under. They will reappear when the weather calms down.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Lesa, have you tried Rescue Remedy drops? They're available at most health food stores. Don't bother putting the drops in the water bowl, but drip some inside her mouth. How about melatonin? It wouldn't be quick-acting and I'm not sure of the dose.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest embarkguru
Lesa, have you tried Rescue Remedy drops? They're available at most health food stores. Don't bother putting the drops in the water bowl, but drip some inside her mouth. How about melatonin? It wouldn't be quick-acting and I'm not sure of the dose.

Ducky!!! I should have known just to call you and ask you! Where can I get the melatonin? Wal-Mart??

A quick Google search found this old article that mentions dose: about melatonin for dogs

Yes, you can get melatonin at Walmart. Tonight (12/24)should be a nice quiet night to go shopping. Walgreens might be saner. Look for the Rescue Remedy too. It's in a little bottle. GNC carries it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest embarkguru
A quick Google search found this old article that mentions dose: about melatonin for dogs

Yes, you can get melatonin at Walmart. Tonight (12/24)should be a nice quiet night to go shopping. Walgreens might be saner. Look for the Rescue Remedy too. It's in a little bottle. GNC carries it.

We are having another windy night. I will stop there after church tonight. Thank you Ducky!!!

When I adopted my now crazy, fun loving insane Chloe, the BIOTCH, she was a spook who had been returned. Oh the things that would freak her out. My DH would have to crawl on the floor on his knees to get to her. He did and now of course she is daddy's girl. She could not be outside walking if there were bicycles, garbage cans on the street, our shadows freaked her out, my DS... oh you name it.

it took time, patience and lot of love!

Now, over 2 years later, sometimes Chloe will be the only dog we bring to meet and greets. We laugh amongst oursleves that our Chloe, the once spook is doing m&g alone!!!! Reason being, Teddy can get aggressive, Beau HATES M&G even though he is so social, he's too ADD to stand there and it's too much for Polli so we bring Chloe!

She does greyt.

Also, the more you can bring her to social events will help her become more comfortable.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project