Poor Happy!

Xan

Sending lots of prayers for a positive outcome.... I read through the thread but I am very sorry I have no experience. :grouphug :grouphug :hope :hope :candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zoolaine

I'm getting Sunny's next script for metronidazole at Costco. I think it is $13 for 100 of the 500mg tablets. I believe in Washington state you can use their pharmacy even if you are not a Costco member.

reluctant to feed her meat that might have developed bacteria sitting in a grocery store when she's already got problems. Which I can understand. He suggested maybe trying some of that once we had her more stabilized, back on Z/D and tylan powder, and at least the antibiotics she's already started on. He did explain that the corn etc. in the z/d is broken down so small it's not identifiable to the body as an allergen, so it's supposed to be okay. It's not a magic bullet; some dogs don't do well on it.

FWIW, I agree with your vet. Z/D is cool stuff if the problem is allergy.

Is she staying on the metronidazole, or is the tylan a replacement?

Hugs and best luck for your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

reluctant to feed her meat that might have developed bacteria sitting in a grocery store when she's already got problems. Which I can understand. He suggested maybe trying some of that once we had her more stabilized, back on Z/D and tylan powder, and at least the antibiotics she's already started on. He did explain that the corn etc. in the z/d is broken down so small it's not identifiable to the body as an allergen, so it's supposed to be okay. It's not a magic bullet; some dogs don't do well on it.

FWIW, I agree with your vet. Z/D is cool stuff if the problem is allergy.

Is she staying on the metronidazole, or is the tylan a replacement?

Hugs and best luck for your girlie.

Thanks. :)

She's on the ceflo... uh, that other antibiotic, and Tylan, not metronidazole. We may be adding or replacing (?) one or the other with Doxy, too. I expect she'll stay on the Tylan for awhile, unless we decide it's really not doing anything.

As of this morning, she's not a happy camper. Her front feet are swollen, especially on the left, and she didn't do any of her happy morning-dance, or even go outside. She just changed beds, all droopy. There's blood in her stool, too, which is new.

Waaah!! :( It's all so frustrating and scary for me, and obviously uncomfortable for her! Well, we'll hopefully know more when we get more lab results back this afternoon.

Any ideas how excessive anal licking might fit into all this? *blech*

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sending more prayers and white light. We pray that test results come back and you get some answers... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter