Hello

djsgreys

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone and for the nice comments on my babes - I'm pretty proud of them.

Annie, I adopted my first grey, Zinny from Cindy as well before we formed Chinook Winds - do we by any chance have another connection - a grey friend now named Finn? Sammy was my second, an Arizona boy. Suzy and Moody raced in Florida, Souza is a Kansas girl and Dexter - well he is just a mystery. :D

Yes Deb! Finn is my official Goddog! :lol I love him to pieces! :colgate Is he not the easiest, sweetest, most stable pup you ever laid eyes on!!!Was he your foster?

Hi Annie, small world. I fostered Finn (Damper) just for a few days before I flew out with him to meet his new Mom in Abbotsford - he is a very sweet boy - and I hear he is doing greyt.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

You don't know how Swede is doing, by chance?

Sorry - not familiar with the name - any details?

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

Guest skinnydog

Swede was actually adopted by a lady in Gibbons. He's a cross from Edson. I believe someone from Chinook did the home visit, but he was adopted through NCGL. I fostered him for a bit - despite some issues, he was a great dog. Kinda looked like a grey with lab legs.

Swede was actually adopted by a lady in Gibbons. He's a cross from Edson. I believe someone from Chinook did the home visit, but he was adopted through NCGL. I fostered him for a bit - despite some issues, he was a great dog. Kinda looked like a grey with lab legs.

I've only met one grey from Gibbons - and he is one from GPI. I will have to do some checking for you - how long ago?

Deb, and da Croo

Inquiring minds want to know :lol How do you get 6 out the door in winter with coats, etc. It takes at least 5 minutes to get me and two greys dressed to go outside in the winter.

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Welcome from Apple Hill, Ontario! Love your pups, what a family, I'm jealous!!!

Here, hear greytpups! Inquisitive minds want to know! We have two now but when we are off the road in the next year, we are planning #3 & 4 and need to educate ourselves on having such a big family.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Welcome from Apple Hill, Ontario! Love your pups, what a family, I'm jealous!!!

Here, hear greytpups! Inquisitive minds want to know! We have two now but when we are off the road in the next year, we are planning #3 & 4 and need to educate ourselves on having such a big family.

It is always . . . . interesting. Whether we are going outside, feeding, watching TV, going to a M&G it is always interesting.

We live on an acreage and have 1 acre fenced off just for the pups to play in. The little one never goes out to run with the greys but will go on walks with them. If we just have the 6 greys they are pretty used to the routine and will stand at the back door - really quite patiently - and put on their coats and leashes (none of ours ever wear boots - 24 boots to put on is just too much). DH snowblows a "track" in the running area so they do okay without boots.

Adding in a foster or babysit can be a bit challenging at first but they usually take the cue from the pack and are good within a couple of days. We've learned always do things the same way and once we have the routine down it is not so hard. Really I always tell people that having 6 greys is like having 1 of any other breed - they are just so easy and smart! :P

Deb, and da Croo

Welcome from another Albertan. :wave I am in Edmonton so we are very close! Koda is from SAGA back in the day when they were still in Edmonton. I have gone on a couple of 'walks' with Chinook Winds...maybe we have met before?

Guest Lovey_Hounds
Hi everyone, have looked at the forums for awhile - and learned a lot - but just registered today. I am from Alberta and share my home with a DH, six amazing greys, one wannabe and two cats. Will post a pic as soon as I figure out how.

Hi there! we are near by each other! :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes from Nova Soctia and Ontario and from Alberta I think we have met Koda on one of the walks and I met both What For and Vegas at West Edmonton Mall.

Deb, and da Croo

Hello and welcome from another Albertan :D I think you've met Gir before, he's my happy lurcher boy. We're in Edmonton!

Not sure that I have met Gir - looked at your pictures - what a good looking boy! Have you been out to any of the Chinook Winds events?

Deb, and da Croo

Guest Audeamus

I have, I went to the picnic last year and the year before that. And I've been to a couple of meet and greets. Maybe it wasn't you, it might have been Sue that Gir's met before.

I have, I went to the picnic last year and the year before that. And I've been to a couple of meet and greets. Maybe it wasn't you, it might have been Sue that Gir's met before.

Was Gir with you at the picnic? I haven't missed one since I adopted Zinny almost 5 years ago and last year's was at my place so we must have met!

Deb, and da Croo