Flower's Big Birthday Present Is Here!

Guest Gert

Hanks Viktor!! Please pass the dip!! :chip

We picked him up yesterday, after his "tutoring," as Mama Caffie calls it!

Flower was sooooo excited!! Her tail didn't stop waggin' and she had a huge SMILE on her face. :wub:

He, on the other hand, was pretty nervous.....pacing for hours. Until he finally laid down, although, not on a comfy bed. :unsure

IMG_0669_PB.jpg

Sweet Viktor's handsome face! :blush

IMG_0670_PB.jpg

Later he kinda got the comfy bed thing right. (Please excuse all the rugs......Flower STILL does not like the hardwood!!)

IMG_0676_PB.jpg

Then, zonked out (temporarily!!) with his new sissy!! :wub:

IMG_0679_PB.jpg

Unfortunately, the rest of my night did KNOT look like the pic above!! :sleepy

Poor Viktor whined and cried ALL night! I have mirrored closet doors and he kept looking into them and whining!! I felt so bad for him! :(

I thought Flower would be more of a comfort to him than she was.......she just slept through it all!! <_<:rolleyes:

Now he's sleeping! I hope he doesn't think he's going to rest-up so he can stay up all night again?!?! :blink::lol

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Awww what a cutie! :wub::wub: When I first got Spencer he would stand in front of my mirrored walls wagging his tail. He thought he was looking at another Greyhound. Kind of broke my heart. Is Viktor straight off the track? Sounds like it. Give him a hug for me, tell him it will be okay.

Guest wmlcml6

Viktor raced in Jacksonville, then Orlando and then spent a little while at our farm until Flower picked him out to be her new big brother.

Stacy, even in Flower's sleep, she looks happy that Viktor is there.

Did they give you any pain meds for Viktor? He's probably ok since he's sleeping now, though.

He's probably just feeling off kilter since he got tutored and moved to a new home all in the same day. I was worried about that yesterday, and then I realized he's been to your house before and liked it, so it's probably just a little overwhelming.

Call if you need anything. ~Cathie~

Congrats, Stacy!

And welcome home, handsome Viktor!! :confetti:yay:confetti

It looks like they're getting along great so far--I'm sure Viktor will settle in soon.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Viktor raced in Jacksonville, then Orlando and then spent a little while at our farm until Flower picked him out to be her new big brother.

Stacy, even in Flower's sleep, she looks happy that Viktor is there.

Did they give you any pain meds for Viktor? He's probably ok since he's sleeping now, though.

He's probably just feeling off kilter since he got tutored and moved to a new home all in the same day. I was worried about that yesterday, and then I realized he's been to your house before and liked it, so it's probably just a little overwhelming.

Call if you need anything. ~Cathie~

Flower is tickled that he's here, I think. I just hope Viktor will be tickled he's here before long!!! He hasn't minded the floors......but, my mirrored wall in the dining room and the mirrored closet doors are driving him crazy!! So, I'm not sure he likes the house yet! I feel kinda bad for him.....whining and crying into the mirrors!! :(

They didn't give me any pain meds for him. But, I don't think he's in pain.....I think he is overwhelmed (understandably).

I'm wondering if I should get him some Rescue Remedy to help relax him tonight??

Guest p51crazyhorse

Oh Stacey, I didnt know that he was that new!!! I am about to start on his and Flowers stockings later today! I see what you mean by mohawk! that is cute!!!

What a lucky boy! Moma Caffie, I never stop hearing of your wonderful dogs, and about them growing up in your kitchen :) great job!

Holly

Congrats, Stacy!

And welcome home, handsome Viktor!! :confetti:yay:confetti

It looks like they're getting along great so far--I'm sure Viktor will settle in soon.

They are getting along better than I would have thought this early in the game. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since Flower picked him?!? But, there's only been one, tiny growl (from Viktor) when Flower got too close to his ouchie. She's been touching him in his sleep, and he doesn't seem to mind (I try to keep an eye on them, though!).

Oh Stacey, I didnt know that he was that new!!! I am about to start on his and Flowers stockings later today! I see what you mean by mohawk! that is cute!!!

What a lucky boy! Moma Caffie, I never stop hearing of your wonderful dogs, and about them growing up in your kitchen :) great job!

Holly

Yep....he's BRAND new! :)

Looking forward to getting their stockings!! :yay

ETA: I spoke too soon about the growlies!! He just growled at her for touching him!

Edited by Gert

Guest wmlcml6

I keep coming back to look at Flower's adorable face. I swear her whole attitude is different when Viktor is around.

I have never used it, but I don't see where Rescue Remedy would hurt anything if you want to try it, Stacy.

Hopefully you will get some sleep tonight.

:confetti Congratulations!! :confetti

Viktor is so very handsome and I love the mohawk!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound