Hoping To Adopt Soon

MyCutie

Hi, everyone. My husband and I are hoping to adopt our own grey soon. Is anyone on the list in the Mahomet/Champaign/Urbana, Illinois area? We drove over to Indy today to visit some dogs at the Meet & Greet at the Christmas Craft Show and put in an application with them. We're looking to see if there are any active grey friends in our area though.

Thanks much!

Chris

Guest boondog

Hi, Chris! I'm not in the area anymore, but I grew up near Danville. Good luck on finding your hound. I'm pretty sure there are some people in central Illinois on here.

Your best bet would be USA Dog. They just took a bunch of dogs from Dubuque

Rich

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

Guest houndstooth4

We live a bit to the north of you in the Peoria/Bloomington-Normal area. We adopted through QCGA up in the Quad Cities. It's nice to see other people from downstate around here!

:welcome2 Hi and welcome from So Cal!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Greytalk!! We live in Mahomet too. I you are ever interested, we do meet and greets at the Farmer's Market at Lincoln Square mall and at other special events. We used to volunteer with Peoria Greyhound Adoption. This group merged with REGAP based out of Mendota. Please let me know if we can help in any way. :welcome

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Thanks! When are the M&G events at Lincoln Square? I've heard about them but don't know the schedule. We'd love to get plugged into the local community. On Saturday we are headed to Indy to meet some of their new dogs. They are all cute as buttons and I suspect one of them has our name on it. Do you use a vet here in town? I haven't posted here often enough to be able to send you email but hope to meet up with you.