Memory Failure - Can Anyone Else Remember?

Some little while ago I read somewhere, I think here, about an antiseptic ointment usually used on horses. It was being recommended for tail wounds as it was very sticky so helped the dressing stay put on a wagging, injured tail. Can anyone else recall what this was - or am I completely losing the plot.

Just to add I don't need it for Lottie, she's just fine and dandy in case you were worried. It's for someone else. Thanks.

ETA - I have searched, both GT and Google but I can remember so little about it I'm not having much success. It may have been some sort of tar?? And I think gold came into it. I have found something called Gold Label Stockholm Tar on vet supply sites but I'm not sure it's the right thing.

Edited by Plymgreys

I used to think Dara O'Briain was funny. Now I know better.

My guess is you're talking about Bag Balm; it has a mild antiseptic, and and a lot of lanolin. A dog would just lick it right off if it was exposed, however. My cats love the stuff (which I use on my poor chronically chapped hands).

EMT Gel is good stuff!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

What you're looking for is Nitrofurazone ointment (also called furacin)

It is yellow, sticky & it will help hold gauze in place.

It is also a great antibacterial ointment.

That is what we always used on our horses and healed up some wounds you wouldn't believe, even when there was tissue loss so great you couldn't begin to stitch a wound.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

What you're looking for is Nitrofurazone ointment (also called furacin)

It is yellow, sticky & it will help hold gauze in place.

It is also a great antibacterial ointment.

That is what we always used on our horses and healed up some wounds you wouldn't believe, even when there was tissue loss so great you couldn't begin to stitch a wound.

:nod My vet gave that to me for Turbo after his bunny incident. He kept pulling his stitches and there was not enough skin to reclose them so we opted to use that stuff and just let it heal from the inside out. It worked just fine, though he does have a scar.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire