Ember To Start Chemo Thursday

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad
Hope she does well and I also hope she eats. We are not doing well with the eating even with the anti nausea. it stinks but there aren't any options!

i saw she ate a wee bit of shredded chicken...thats one little victory. has she eaten anything today? at the risk of sounding taboo and being non politically correct....i wonder if marijuana would help....it certainly has helped human people with pain and nausea.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't even try during the day and I am home today. She is not a day eater. She has eaten a few zuke cookies which are the size of triscuit cracker.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom
:goodluck for Ember today. I'll look forward to the "she's home" update. :)

i can get ya close, dr ian just called and said i could go get her :-)

Oh, good news, please let us know how she is doing later.

Got her bong ready? :P:lol

Sending prayers for no bad reactions to Ember's chemo. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers that everything goes well with the Chemo and no bad reaction. :hope:hope:hope:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest EmbersDad

we just got back. she took a drink and went and crashed. they said not to feed her too much so she doesnt gak it back up. im going o try a half cup of the venison later. they also sent me home with 4 60mg cerenia pills for nausea. im to give them one a day, starting tomorrow. she goes back next thursday for a cbc and the following thursday will be the first carboplatin dose.

post-13053-1226001733_thumb.jpg

Guest EmbersDad

she had a half a cup of ground venison. i will try another half cup later. they said to feed her lightly tonite. almost forgot to add that she is up to 52 lbs :banana

Guest EmilyAnne

:rotfl

In response to the suggestion of marijuana, it has certainly helped people going through chemo. It would be nice to have a vet hip to these alternative things so you could get a good opinion on wether or not that is a good idea. I will pm the rest of this thought so I don't lead your thread the wrong way. ;)

Keep eating Ember! :chow

Guest SoulsMom

Sounds like so far, so good. Keep up the good work, Ember :kiss2

(I would ask if you're going to make her some "special" brownies, but I know that chocolate is bad for dogs :lol )

Edited by SoulsMom

YAY Ember, have a couple of bites for your girlfriend, Polls.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmbersDad

she managed a nice 2 block walk tonite. im going to feed her another small meal around 8 pm. my vet is pretty hip. actually the whole team is. im sure they would listen to a question on alternative therapies with an open mind and answer based on fact and not anecdotal evidence. they are all UPENN grads after all :thumbs-up

she managed a nice 2 block walk tonite. im going to feed her another small meal around 8 pm. my vet is pretty hip. actually the whole team is. im sure they would listen to a question on alternative therapies with an open mind and answer based on fact and not anecdotal evidence. they are all UPENN grads after all :thumbs-up

Good to see she is eating and doing well. So...you have a team of VMD's on your side.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Guest EmbersDad

Good to see she is eating and doing well. So...you have a team of VMD's on your side.

not to be misleading. dr ian is treating her for this. but her other ailments in the past, and routine checkups have been handled by dr g and dr sauder, so i think of it as ember's team. i am very comfortable with all of them.

Edited by EmbersDad