Update On Spencer

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi everyone - In early October Spencer started having some problems with his back legs (see story here) which then led to total incontinence and back-end paralysis for a short while. Without spending the 3k on an MRI to determine if it was a series of problems like LS, bulging disc, etc. my vet had put him on some Prednisone and gave him some injections. I can't really say that it helped much so I decided to take him to a vet that practices acupuncture. What a difference that made! After a few weeks of incontinence, after his first treatment of acupunture he was able to get it back under control. Spencer has had a series of 3 treatments and I'm happy to say that as of today, he is walking normally, using the dog door once again and is essentially his "normal" self. I took Spencer off the Pred a while ago and decided the Proin wasn't working either so I can attribute his recovery to the acupuncture. Spencer is doing so well in fact that he was able to do his monthly meet 'n greet at Petsmart and go to my Greyhound adoption group's annual picnic.

I can't tell you how worried I was as Spencer is my first Greyhound and the Greyhound love of my life! :beatheart

Such beautiful news! Hug Spencer for me! :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That is great news! :thumbs-up Koda had a miraculous recovery with left limb paralysis (FCE) a few years ago with the treatment being acupuncture. I, too, have experienced the benefits in my neck. I can't recommend it enough!

I'm so happy for you and Spencer! That's wonderful. Alan has had acupuncture treatments as well - for the rear leg weakness - and I believe it was the acupuncture that helped him as well. This is wonderful!!! I can feel your joy!

Guest FullMetalFrank

That is wonderful! I keep hearing all of these reports about acupuncture and the good it can do, I will definately keep it in mind if my hound ever needs it, and I have considered trying it myself for my foot pain.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT NEWS....

We're great believers in accupuncture, dogs don't have any pre-conceived notions about it

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest Spencers_Greyt
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT NEWS....

We're great believers in accupuncture, dogs don't have any pre-conceived notions about it

That's so true! My vet wouldn't even acknowledge anything about it. You could tell he thought traditional medicine was the only way to go. But I perservered until I found a vet acunpuncturist and I'm so glad I did!

Oh how wonderful. Both my boys go for acupunture weekly. I truly believe it is a miracle for them as well. I Am thrilled to hear about Spencer, I remember your initial post.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project