Good Thoughts For Chase Please

Guest savvyprchick

Guest savvyprchick

Chase went in for a dental today. In the last month, his teeth have just exploded into horridness (they were bad before, but I could keep them under control). I wouldn't doubt if he has to have several extractions.

Think good thoughts, please. I love this vet and they are absolutely wonderful, but a year or so ago a co-worker took her grey into them to do a dental and for some reason, things went wrong (not the vet's fault) and he had liver damage. Didn't think he was going to live and about $3000 later, he's okay now but is on specialized food for life. Unfortunately, the problems with Marvin didn't show up until a few days later, so I'm going to be paranoid for several days.

They are doing pre-surgical bloodwork and I've agreed to two days of pain meds if he has extractions. They are also putting in an IV for him. I'm sure he'll be fine. He's only 9.

ETA: I won't know anything until 3 p.m. They said that how well he wakes up determines when he can go home. They did say that some dogs really like to sleep it off and will sometimes be kept overnight to be monitored just in case.

**Update**

After being on hold waiting for the vet for 7 minutes (that freaked me out), they told me that he had no extractions... which totally surprises me because his back teeth were BLACK and NASTY. They said one of his kidney values was slightly high so they still have him on IV fluids but he can go home 4:30-5. :yay :yay

Edited by savvyprchick

Sending many prayers for Chase and calming thoughts for Mommy. :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Chase went in for a dental today. In the last month, his teeth have just exploded into horridness (they were bad before, but I could keep them under control). I wouldn't doubt if he has to have several extractions.

Think good thoughts, please. I love this vet and they are absolutely wonderful, but a year or so ago a co-worker took her grey into them to do a dental and for some reason, things went wrong (not the vet's fault) and he had liver damage. Didn't think he was going to live and about $3000 later, he's okay now but is on specialized food for life. Unfortunately, the problems with Marvin didn't show up until a few days later, so I'm going to be paranoid for several days.

They are doing pre-surgical bloodwork and I've agreed to two days of pain meds if he has extractions. They are also putting in an IV for him. I'm sure he'll be fine. He's only 9.

ETA: I won't know anything until 3 p.m. They said that how well he wakes up determines when he can go home. They did say that some dogs really like to sleep it off and will sometimes be kept overnight to be monitored just in case.

**Update**

After being on hold waiting for the vet for 7 minutes (that freaked me out), they told me that he had no extractions... which totally surprises me because his back teeth were BLACK and NASTY. They said one of his kidney values was slightly high so they still have him on IV fluids but he can go home 4:30-5. :yay:yay

Yay! Good job sweetie! This is all behind you now! :yay

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.