Nose Drips Question

Guest abstractagent

It is very common with greyhounds. Usually their noses drip when they are nervous or excited. Seamus' nose drips most when we are in the car, and he is not sure where we are going. It gets all over everything :lol , which grosses out non-dog people who may be riding with us.

S.jpg

Guest abstractagent

Yeah, the inside of my car windows is pretty disgusting. Not to mention the inside of my windows at home, my wood floor, blankets, etc. :rolleyes: She's so "nosey".

So this is a greyhound thing? My dog drips more out of her nose than her mouth! :lol

Guest EMcElfresh

Gordon's famous shnozz shizzle...which he leaves on everything..I joke that I wanted to adopt a greyhound but ended up with a faucet instead :lol This was him relaxing on my bed (with new bedding <_< ) this weekend (you will notice the puddle spreading from said nostrils...)

Edited by EMcElfresh

Roscoe's nose drips a lot when he's nervous or excited. It's in its less-leaky-state when we're just hanging out at home.

There used to be a lot of snart on my windows before I made it a rule that he has to lay down while driving.

I've gotten quite used to getting 'dripped' on. Ew. :lol:

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest Wpgkeith

I think it is often referred to as "snark"... or "snart" as per DevilDog.

It is "normal" and perhaps, overtime, will become a lovable part of our hound.

:)

K

Guest ArtysPeople
Yeah, the inside of my car windows is pretty disgusting. Not to mention the inside of my windows at home, my wood floor, blankets, etc. :rolleyes: She's so "nosey".

So this is a greyhound thing? My dog drips more out of her nose than her mouth! :lol

That's a very greyhound thing! I just washed the inside of my car for the first time since we got Arty, and the back of the leather headrests were streaked with nose drips! Ewwwww! :P

Guest abstractagent

:wub: Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a hound that will have snotsicles hanging from her nose this winter. :inlove

We just got home from a road trip and my leather seats are just a tad "snotty". The windows are downright nasty! Time for a deep cleaning of the minivan!

Edited by abstractagent

All my friends who have dogs have streaked car windows. Well, nose smudges, if not drips (and I've joined the pack). A dog-owning neighbor gave us a fun name for it that I've fully adopted as the standard noun: "pupkiss." (It's funnier if you know Yiddish.)

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Our angel hound Simon used to "paint" the windows in our van with snot. After she died, the kids wouldn't let me wash the windows. It's been a year, and her artwork is still there.

I've had 2 that do this, one is Nova, a Grey, but the other is Duece, and he's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Watery noses both of them. Our Bloodhound drooled buckets, but her nose was dry. Weird.

Alimony has a very juicy nosey. Pools spread from her schnoz while she sleeps. None of the others come close to her prodigious juiciness. :lol It doesn't appear related to anything. She's just a juicy kinda gal. :dunno

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Gordon's famous shnozz shizzle...which he leaves on everything..I joke that I wanted to adopt a greyhound but ended up with a faucet instead :lol This was him relaxing on my bed (with new bedding <_< ) this weekend (you will notice the puddle spreading from said nostrils...)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Love that picture!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Both Scarlett and Morgaine used to drip pools of nose wetness onto the hardwood floor whilst on their couch or in head off the couch roaches. Aquitaine has wet and somewhat drippy nose but she never roaches. Hmmmm... She does, however, bounce and jump and paw and play like a goony girl.

Edited by carronstar

Guest FrostyBottoms
Our angel hound Simon used to "paint" the windows in our van with snot. After she died, the kids wouldn't let me wash the windows. It's been a year, and her artwork is still there.

That choked me up :cry1

Vinny doesn't drip...but then again...nothing really phases him....Frosty's nose drips when she is nervous or excited as well.

Guest Greensleeves

It actually kind of *is* only water. It's tears. Dogs don't cry the way humans do, but they definitely have tear ducts, or nasolacrimal ducts (note the "naso" part of that. ;)), and their "tears" (which lubricate the eyes, same as ours) sometimes empty out their noses. Some dogs are more... expressive with their nasolacrimal ducts than others (it's not breed-specific, but I'll bet something about the shape of the sighthound skull contributes!). Whistler's ophthalmologist clued us in about this.

Here's more info than you ever wanted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_duct

And I believe the official term is "snoodle" (according to a Greytalker from long, long ago). :lol

Thanks, Greensleeves! Good to have the "what's actually going on" answer, too--knowing it's like tears totally makes sense, too, if it's connected with elevated emotion--good or bad.

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Cody's nose drips and he drools, such a charmer!!!!! He's the reason we ended up with a Town and Country van, leather seats removed with two crates with dog beds and comforters. We had a car until one spring day we left him in the car with the AC on, DH got in the drivers seat with shorts on and the seat was SOAKED, my what language. I told him Cody was just cooling it off for him.