What Causes Yellow Poop?

CeeEs

We went to the vet this summer. Ran the screening for pancreatitis and it came up negative. He gave us some antibiotics and things were fine. He thought it might be my food (I feed Canidae) and wanted me to switch to Iams. :blink: I didn't. Another flare up. Everything else seems normal, frequency is the same, just a little soft and yellowish.

Anybody relate????

I don't know if it's related or not but after the formula switch Canidae did a lot of people were reporting "orange ploppies" - don't know how long you've been feeding the new formula but that's the only thing that came to my mind. Good luck!

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

I don't know if there is a carry over here, but when I feed Duncan a lot of chicken, his poops are yellow. He's raw fed, but if the dog food you use is high in chicken maybe that is the cause.

Guest ArtysPeople

We feed Canidae Lamb & Rice, and we're in the process of switching over to the "new" reformulated version (finally ran out of our hoarded old stuff). And guess what we had this morning? Yellowish ploppies. We're in the process of introducing the new food, so I expected this, but if you've been feeding this food for a while and you're still having them, then I agree with your vet that it may be time to try a new food. Not necessarily more expensive, just different; it's just a process of finding out what works for your dog.

Guest GreytMuse

I don't know if it's related, but yes, the new Canidae did give all 3 of my pups soft, yellow poops. We've switched to other foods, and viola -- back to normal brown, bouncy output. (For what it's worth, now 2 are on Chicken Soup, 1 is on Natural Balance.)

Guest greytsox
I don't know if it's related, but yes, the new Canidae did give all 3 of my pups soft, yellow poops. We've switched to other foods, and viola -- back to normal brown, bouncy output. (For what it's worth, now 2 are on Chicken Soup, 1 is on Natural Balance.)

I have a question for you about Chicken Soup.... I've been feeding my 3 year old Grey Chicken Soup Adult Formula and he always seems to have firm poop to start and ends some something the consistancy of soft ice cream... Are you or anyone else experiencing this with Chicken Soup?

Yellow poop can mean EPI - it's a pancreatic disorder. Your vet can test for it.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest oldNELLIE
I've been feeding my 3 year old Grey Chicken Soup Adult Formula and he always seems to have firm poop to start and ends some something the consistancy of soft ice cream... Are you or anyone else experiencing this with Chicken Soup?

I don't feed this type of food, but I think this is totally normal. The longer the stool is in the intestines, the harder it will be, because that is where water is absorbed into the body.