My Clementine

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

Update: Clemmie's blood work came back. Her potassium levels were very low and her heart rate was slow. The vet ordered an ultrasound which indicated that her adrenal glands were small in size. This he believes indicates Addison's Disease (I have not looked up the spelling). She is in what is called a Addison's crash where her intestines are shutting down and her heart rate is slowing. There is another test she must have to confirm the diagnosis but he is treating her according to this diagnosis because he can not wait for the results to come back or she will be too bad to treat. As of right now she is on IV fluids and receiving treatment. I am going to visit her at 8:00.

The prognosis is good. She will be on daily low doses of Prednisone (the hormone her body is not producing) as well as injections every 25 days (do not know the name). I am hoping she will be home by tomorrow. This progression has been so quick. I miss my liitle ladybug. Please keep her in your prayers.

Lora

You both will be in my thoughts.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Best wishes for lovely Clementine :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest 4gryhnds

:unsure If she is continuing to show signs of anal gland discomfort, the vet may suggest removing the gland. I have had 2 dogs, Rocky my greyhound, and Whiskers my beagle mix who had their glands removed. Both recovered quickly. They never had anymore problems with it.

Good luck with everything!