Rushed Cinnibuns To Vet

:( :( I had Cinnibuns out for a walk and all of a sudden she started walking like she was drunk, shaking and almost fell over. I was 2 blocks from home and was scared skinny (I should be so lucky). I would not have been able to carry her 2 blocks. I just held her up and several minutes later she seemed to be able to walk but slowly. We made it home and I called the vet immediately. they told me to bring her right in and leave her. The only vet in today was in surgery (4 vet practice). It would have to wait until he was done and could check her over and they would call me. So here I am on GT trying to stay calm. She has also had diarrhea for 3 days and the boiled chicken/boiled white rice didn't help. :weep :weep :weep :weep

Sending prayers for your sweet baby girl and you too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry to hear this. Could it be vestibular disease? it is like a middle ear infection in humans and you walk like you are drunk. I know I would be frightened as well if it happened to me. I am actually dog sitting for a greyhound right now who had the same symptoms that you described for Cinnibuns and his parents have assured me that he has not had an episode since he had the first one. HIs vet knows that I have him this week. He runs around the house like he normally does when he stays with me, and acts like nothing happened. We are sending the power of GT thoughts to you and Cinnibuns that she will be ok. :bighug to you both.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest EmilyAnne

Was she on any meds for the diarrhea? Maybe it was a negative reaction to the med? I hope you hear from the vet really soon. It must be hard to wait.

:grouphug

Guest monasmom
Could it be vestibular disease? it is like a middle ear infection in humans and you walk like you are drunk.

My dog had this, and I actually thought there was something wrong with her hips or back legs because they would splay out and she'd sort of fall over stiffly. She was trying to get her balance. If it is vestibular syndrome, it will probably pass on its own. You can tell by shining a light into her eyes. If they are twitching from side to side, then it's likely this syndrome.

Here's hoping it's something minor and that your puppup is feeling all better soon!

:kiss2

Any update on Cinnibuns? - I have been thinking of her and you and hoping you both are ok.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Sending many good thoughts for Cinnibuns! It's so scary when something like this happens. Hopefully it is only vestibular disease or something else minor.

Renie did this to DH once. He was out with her and she just keeled over onto her side and wouldn't get up. She appeared to have collapsed. After a while she got up but wouldn't walk. By the time he'd phoned me to bring the car, she was up, wagging her tail and eager to get into the 'taxi' for a ride home. And she showed no ill-effects, and hasn't done it since!

If she were a kid, I'd say she'd been feeling dramatic - however, I have occasionally noticed her running along with her head tilted slightly to one side, so I'm inclined to wonder about vestibular disease, too.

Edited by silverfish

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop