Vicks Vapo Machine.

Guest Sighthound

Guest Sighthound

I have been sick for 2 weeks now. I want to use our vicks machine but I am scared that the vicks and hurt or harm Cleo. Does anyone know if it can hurt her to breathe it in?

If it's safe to use around babies, I can't imagine dogs can't handle it! But you could try rubbing the Vicks right on your chest. One of my FOND childhood memories--ah, the smell of Vicks! We always had dogs, and my mother was very into Vicks as a cure-all. It certainly doesn't harm English Setters.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest Greensleeves

Actually, the hot steam by itself is good for dogs or people! Our vet has us run a vaporizer when it's really dry here in the winter (January is a bad month for Flint's allergies, for some crazy reason!). I've never used the Vick's stuff you add to it, but you should at least turn the vaporizer on until you get confirmation one way or another.

We used a Vicks warm vaporizer for our sick kittens when I worked at the animal shelter, so I would bet that it would be fine to use around your pup, as long as she isn't trying to physically lick the Vicks off of the vaporizer or anything like that.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--