Nelly Is Back At The Hospital

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

After an up-and-down weekend with Miss Nelly and her kidney disease saga, we took her back to the vet this morning for more bloodwork, and her creatinine had jumped from 6.0 on Thursday, to 7.0 today. It was the first time I've seen our doc look sad and worried. He sent her back to the hospital for round-the-clock IV therapy for the next 3-5 days (I'm thinking 3, realistically).

Although disappointing, of course, this was not wholly unexpected (see my post in "Not eating."). I think that we've all sort of subtly shifted our focus from aggressive treatments to try and stabilize her kidneys... to a more palliative care, to keep her feeling as good as we can.

The last IV therapy bought her 38 days. We're not really expecting that this time (tho' we'll take it!!!), but we would really like her to come home and feel better for a little while longer.

She nearly caught a cat on our walk this morning, and howled up a storm at the vets' office... so when she feels good, she feels good! :lol We're gonna keep it that way for as long as we can.

UGH! Kidneys! This is so hard to deal with. I got that look from my vet today too. They just have tried everthing they know to do. Last time Angel only had to stay 2 days but she still wouldn't eat much after that. The values didn't come down right away. It took more than a few days. Angel's kidney values were pretty good today (for her!) But her weight was down.

Misty and I deal with it as well. She's done very well with her diet, meds and when she stopped eating, the Nutritional Yeast was a miracle for her. Nelly is in our prayers.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Keeping Miss Nelly in my thoughts and prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.