My Baby's Getting His First Dental

Guest Speedhoundz

Guest Speedhoundz

Kane is having his first dental today and I'm just a little nervous. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I can't help having a teensy bit of anxiety. So send some good thoughts our way!

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

Good thought are on the way to Kane. I'm sure he will be just fine but as his mommy it is your job to worry. I would call the vet soon and see if he is done yet. Sometimes they will call you and sometimes they get busy and forget. You will feel much better knowing he is done and awake.

He's in the best possible hands. He'll do fine :) He'll probably be loopy when you pick him up, though.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Awww...your handsome boy is going to be just fine...I know it! :):grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm sure he'll be fine! :) I used to get nervous every single time Dempsey had a dental done- especially the last time when he was 11yo. I always teared up a little bit at the clinic when I'd leave him behind (I was a big ole baby when it came to that dog!!) Hang in there!!!!!

:) :) :)

Guest Speedhoundz

Kane isn't nearly as out of it as I thought he would be. Aside from peeing all over his leg when we left the vet's office, he's pretty much acting like his usual self. The vet said I could feed him a small meal--IF he was even interested in eating. Let's just say the "Would someone feed me already?!" whining started the moment he hopped in the car to come home. :lol We figured his mouth couldn't be too sore since one of the first things he did when he got home was begin chewing on his Nylabone:

kane_after_dental.jpg

His leg is pretty bruised and raw at the cath site, hence the bandage, which he has already managed to tear off once tonight. I love my sweet, silly boy!

:lol:lol:lol What a character...chewing on his bone as soon as he got home. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

glad he came through fine!

we are way overdue for dentals, I'm so afraid of them going under their teeth are suffering :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Glad he came through just fine. I always feed canned dog food the night of a dental--vet says it isn't medically necessary, but I figure Patrick deserves something special.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Just got a call from the vet: he did well! No extractions, which surprised me. I can't wait to pick him up tonight. :)

What vet did he go to? Naz is due for his first this Feb.

So glad he did well!

Guest Speedhoundz
Just got a call from the vet: he did well! No extractions, which surprised me. I can't wait to pick him up tonight. :)

What vet did he go to? Naz is due for his first this Feb.

So glad he did well!

Christine Kellogg at Great Falls Animal Hospital. She's got quite the greyhound client base these days. She is fabulous; she even emailed me this morning just to see how Kane was doing. How many vets do that?!? I highly recommend her.

Guest Speedhoundz
We live in your area and our two hounds are due for a dental. How much did it cost at Great Falls?

It cost $595. Certainly not cheap, but it was worth the money to me to know he was in great hands. That cost includes pre-surgery bloodwork and IV fluids. I think it would be cheaper in certain parts of Maryland, but in Northern Va, $600 is pretty typical.

The cost would go up if your pupper needed any extractions.