Water Therapy On Wound With Stitches?

cello

A friend of my has a hound with a two inch gash on his side. He has been to the vet several times, been stitched up twice, and is on Baytril. His current batch of stitches are due to come out on Wednesday, and they are "tension stitches". The Mom is very unhappy with the progress this wound in making for healing. It has been two weeks, and is still weeping blood and clear fluids. There is no pus and it does not smell. Would water therapy be a good suggestion for her? Does it matter that Rocky still has stitches? Please advise.

Thanks,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

You might ask to leave the stitches in longer; we had a foster that was stitched up, and although they were left in 1-2 days longer than they should have, part of the wound opened back up a day or so after they were removed.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Sutures should be kept dry. The hound skin is so thin that it may take more than 2 weeks to heal from the inside out. My angel girl slipped and her foot went under the door and pealed back a nice layer of skin and tissue, it took 3-4 weeks before we felt safe removing all of the sutures.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~