Peeing For Long Periods Of Time?

Guest lanielovesgreys

Guest lanielovesgreys

The dogs have been peeing forEVER the last couple of days. I've been timing Schumi and it's anywhere from 45-60 seconds. Seems really odd to me. Especially because it's a change. I did switch them from Innova to a grain free food. They don't seem to be in pain, it just takes FOREVER for them to go.

Should I be concerned?

Guest LindsaySF

I would be concerned only because you said it is not normal for them.

Has it been very hot there? Maybe the dogs are drinking more water than usual?

Copper can go anywhere from a couple seconds marking to a marathon 2-3 minute pee. He's a big drinker (he's a big guy!) and so he has to pee ALL THE TIME! I have to really watch him when we go places cause he'll let 'er rip anytime anywhere!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Saint pee's the longest of any dog I've ever seen, we timed him one time 5 minutes!!!! The boy has a bladder the size of Texas!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Saint pee's the longest of any dog I've ever seen, we timed him one time 5 minutes!!!! The boy has a bladder the size of Texas!

:blink::lol:lol:lol This is SO funny!

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Well, dogs are just different from each other. Gabriel would pee 2 drops on everything he ever saw and once that was gone (usually about a mile into the walk) he'd just pretend to pee. Duncan finds one spot and lets it all loose there.

So, as long as your dogs aren't doing both pee styles at one time, I wouldn't consider it a health problem. I would assume they think getting business done is more important than marking -- for now.

Nube pees forever too, but always has. Norm is 2-3 minutes, and tho I've never timed him, I'm guessing there may have been a few close to 5 minutes too :lol

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

When we first got Tip, he would pee forever. Two minutes was the norm, and sometimes longer. I couldn't figure out where he was storing it all :lol . Now he's figured out it's more fun to mark all over the yard, and to keep some in reserve for walks.

Guest D_MansMommy
Well, dogs are just different from each other. Gabriel would pee 2 drops on everything he ever saw and once that was gone (usually about a mile into the walk) he'd just pretend to pee. Duncan finds one spot and lets it all loose there.

So, as long as your dogs aren't doing both pee styles at one time, I wouldn't consider it a health problem. I would assume they think getting business done is more important than marking -- for now.

I agree. As long there are no health problems, don't worry. Donovan is a little pee'er and TC empties his whole bladder. And I mean he really takes a long time.