Painful Lump

last week I posted about Missy (9 year old female with arthritis) returning from walk on double lead with my male. they both pulled at squirrel and she was dragging her left front leg when she came home. then she looked wobbly. I am having a tough time now..recuperating from surgery. My husband has decided this is the time to give me hell over having three dogs (since he now has to help out with them)

So, I didn't take her to the vet...deciding to wait and watch. she had two acupuncture treatments and appeared much better.

This morning after her walk, she was laying at the top of the stairs and gave out a yip. I went up and she appeared to be favoring her right front leg. when I felt her, i noticed a lump...under her rightT arm. that appeared to bother her when I touched it. Then again she is a drama queen....touching her foot she screams. Maybe it has been there, i am not sure. not real big..mabye the size of a

I will say, I stopped giving her metacam and switched her over to Dog Gone pain...but have noticed that she has slowed down. so will go back to metacam. She does have a shoulder injury from racing..but can't remember what shoulder.

I know she needs to be checked out...can't get her there today. she is playing upstairs now with her monkey and moving around fine.

I will see who can take me this week..since I cannot drive until who knows when. She needs to be lifted into the car..never has been able to get in and she exceeds my 5lb. weight limit since she weighs 75 lbs.

just looking for some calming words please. things have been tough for me lately

Guest SLM4956
I am not an expert...I dont even have a greyhound yet! But I do know that when my kitties are sick, they go to the Vet! I think that anything that is not normal should be checked out...better safe than sorry! I am hoping the best for you and your dog!! giving you a BUMP!! Maybe some of the others will have better advice for you!

Donna- make the appointment and I will take you after 6pm any day during the week. Friday I can go anytime.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending my prayers and hugs too! Thank you Robin. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.