The Peanut Butter Muzzle Works

I was dremeling dog nails today...usually I have my mom come up to sit with my more reluctant customers (Pinky and Ace), but she wasn't available today, so I decided to try myself. Pinky was good for the first two feet (her front feet) but then she started to get anxious and kept pulling her feet away and finally got up from the couch. So, I decided to try the PB muzzle. She was so busy trying to get that PB off that I was able to do her back feet WHILE she was standing up! :lol

If you have a hound that's difficult with things like this, try the PB muzzle, it really works!

Edited to add: Ace gave me no protest today and actually laid her head over the arm of the couch as I worked on her. Her toenails don't grow very fast, so her trims are very quick and easy, but she still gets upset about it sometimes.

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Okay, that is the best hint I've heard in years!!!! I'll have to try this one.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Greyt Idea! We have to try this one because the girls get anxious and want to start moving their legs before I am done. Thanks so Much Burpdog. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:lol Only problem here was that the others were quite jealous, and Skimmie actually HELPED Pinky lick it off. I KNEW he would do that so I really loaded that thing up!

We got a little PB on the couch but Skimmie licked most of it off and a damp rag took care of the rest :P

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest LindsaySF

Good idea!

I am going to try this on Crazy4grey's dog Winnie. She is hard to dremel. :P I might use it at our picnic too, I am doing nails there that day.

Guest crazy4greys
Good idea!

I am going to try this on Crazy4grey's dog Winnie. She is hard to dremel. :P I might use it at our picnic too, I am doing nails there that day.

:lol we better have a full jar of peanutbutter! It took at least 1/2 a bag of cookies to do her front 2 paws last time! :lol