Water Additives For Healthy Teeth And Gums

Guest CyndiW

Guest CyndiW

I have always avoided them because I have always wondered if they were safe or not for their overall health. However, my boys are getting old and dentals are going to become riskier and riskier for them and I don't seem to stay on top of the brushing. This may not be a good attitude but at this point it doesn't seem to matter what I do to prevent cancer (holistic food, antioxidants, fish oil, filtered water, no preservatives, no junk food, etc.), they seem to get it anyway. I would never give them something that I knew would cause cancer or other diseases but these products claim they are safe. I bought 2 bottles of the Biotene water additive. I know good oral hygiene helps prevents lots of health problems but I just hope none of the ingredients will cause other issues. What do you think?

I have used OxyFresh for years.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

A few weeks ago I got an email warning about water additives and the warning was due to them containing Xylitol. I don't use them but I do wipe the dog's teeth and gums with Biotene mouthwash per my vet. It also contains Xylitol however the amt is not harmful to animals per my vet, and UC Davis.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytkidsmom

We use CET Aquadent. One of the vets in the practice who recommended it to us actually uses it herself. The chlorhexidine component is supposed to keep down the bacterial count in the mouth. We have since moved and seen a new vet and she agrees that it is a good product. Don't really know if it helps or not but with a dog who has gum disease, I'll try anything.

We use CET Aquadent. One of the vets in the practice who recommended it to us actually uses it herself. The chlorhexidine component is supposed to keep down the bacterial count in the mouth. We have since moved and seen a new vet and she agrees that it is a good product. Don't really know if it helps or not but with a dog who has gum disease, I'll try anything.

Yup. that's what we use to. I was turned on to this by Dr. Bill Feeman so if it's good enough for his dogs, it's good for mine too!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I like the Aquadent personally... but know people that have been happy with Oxyfresh, Breathalyzer +, etc.

The amount of Xylitol is tiny and not significant. You'd have to give a dog a whole bottle of Aquadent to reach concerning levels.

If you took an entire bottle of calcium instead of the 1 or 2 tablets recommended... that wouldn't be good either... doesn't mean the calcium in teh product is bad... it just isn't good when massively overdosed.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg