Say Hi To Tankala

Guest Gideon

Guest Gideon

There was a Craigslist post about two weeks for this guy. His owner is working really long hours and moving further from work so time his hound was short. He didn't feel he was giving him the home he needed as dog walkers during the day couldn't substitute for their time together.

So we picked him and we're working on him - needs some help with his paws and getting some weight back on. We all think the stress of being alone so much thinned him down a bit.

Anyways, here he is:

Tankala4.JPG

Guest FrostyBottoms

Well he sure is a sweet looking guy! I hope things work out for Tankala! He looks like he could use some green tripe to fatten him up! :lol

Oh he is beautiful!! I love that color of brindles. Good luck with him!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I love the brindles - and he is handsome. BTW I love them all only have one brindle. One lucky boy to have you as a foster daddy or can I say a forever daddy

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

What a cutie! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome to greytalk Tankala! Hope you enjoy all the groceries coming your way & your new family. ;)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

hau tankala

hows that for stayin with the language!

Lila waste ksto. :)

He's looking quite happy there, Gideon.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest MAXNAV
There was a Craigslist post about two weeks for this guy. His owner is working really long hours and moving further from work so time his hound was short. He didn't feel he was giving him the home he needed as dog walkers during the day couldn't substitute for their time together.

So we picked him and we're working on him - needs some help with his paws and getting some weight back on. We all think the stress of being alone so much thinned him down a bit.

Anyways, here he is:

Tankala4.JPG

What a handsome guy. You did a wonderful thing getting this guy.

Guest Gideon

We're keeping him, at least for now. He's not on the market. Bar something crazy and out of our control, he's with us.

Thanks to all the folks who showed so much concern, care and support.

We'll be out in the neighborhood with him as his paws get better and he'll be at the shop from time to time.

He and Duke are so far fine with each other. Totally tolerant of one another but that's about it.

Edited by Gideon

Guest PhillyPups
We're keeping him, at least for now.

Gideon :shakefinger

Somehow that sounds so unsure ~ tell Tank he is there forever, he just lost what he thought was a forever home, and give him a :kiss2 from me and let him know I will be on the look-out for his handsomeness ~ how does the Duke of Hazard like him?? :wub:

Guest Gideon

Somehow that sounds so unsure ~ tell Tank he is there forever, he just lost what he thought was a forever home, and give him a :kiss2 from me and let him know I will be on the look-out for his handsomeness ~ how does the Duke of Hazard like him?? :wub:

Well, they share space together just fine and we think Tankala helps with Dukes anxiety issues. We think. We muzzle them both when we're out. Duke generally drools a lot through the muzzle but we didn't see anything when we got home yesterday.

GF is home with them today as we begin to really treat Tanks paws and give him his meds.

I hope they grow on each other and start playing - that would be great but you can't rush that stuff.

Tankala has pretty much just adjusted himself right in. One hour of a little whinnig and pacing the first night but calm otherwise.

I am half thinking of closing up shop early today and heading home. I am really tired, been stressed out over a lot of things this past week or so.

We are closing the shop on Sundays and opening at 12 instead of 11 so we catch up with ourselves and manage the two dogs better.

Also, we are looking to rent a house and a great one this morning before heading to NGAP. I need a clone to get caught up. Man I'm tired.

Guest PhillyPups

Well, they share space together just fine and we think Tankala helps with Dukes anxiety issues. We think. We muzzle them both when we're out. Duke generally drools a lot through the muzzle but we didn't see anything when we got home yesterday.

GF is home with them today as we begin to really treat Tanks paws and give him his meds.

I hope they grow on each other and start playing - that would be great but you can't rush that stuff.

Tankala has pretty much just adjusted himself right in. One hour of a little whinnig and pacing the first night but calm otherwise.

I am half thinking of closing up shop early today and heading home. I am really tired, been stressed out over a lot of things this past week or so.

We are closing the shop on Sundays and opening at 12 instead of 11 so we catch up with ourselves and manage the two dogs better.

Also, we are looking to rent a house and a great one this morning before heading to NGAP. I need a clone to get caught up. Man I'm tired.

:crossfinger for a house for you all, having a yard makes it so much easier. I still muzzle when I go to work, and look at them like I do a seatbelt on a car, better to have the precautions and not have an accident than an accident without the precautions set in.

If I hear of a house in our neighborhood I will let you know. There is a really nice one for sale on Memphis street by Cumberland (the one with the bay window).

Looking forward to meeting Tank and seeing Duke again. :P

Guest LindsaySF
Duke generally drools a lot through the muzzle but we didn't see anything when we got home yesterday.

That's great! Maybe he likes having a buddy. :)

Guest GREYTGLITTER

What a greyt job you have done Gideon! :yay:bounce1:yay

Looks like Tankala knows that you've been working so hard to get him into a good home and is happy to be in your home.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Awwww, so he is staying with you? Wonderful! I hope it all works out, he seems like a very special boy. Tankala; I hope your paws are feeling better!