Cooper's A Dork

I got home from work today, to find that Cooper has a cut above his eye. No clue how that happened - it was not there when DH let him out this morning.

It looks good. Nice and pink, healthy looking. I applied triple antibiotic, and will keep an eye on it...

This is the clumsiest sighthound I have ever met! :rolleyes:

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

But such a cute dork! I just *have* to ask . . . . the story behind your cat's name being Ziplock?

When we adopted him, we did not like his name. He didn't know it anyway. So we tossed around a few name ideas, and discovered that he really likes playing with plastic bags (don't worry, I have discussed this little penchant with him. We now hide plastic bags). So, DH had come up with Raven (the cat is black), and I came up Ziploc. Neither of us would budge. We asked a friend to mediate, and she preferred Ziploc. So, there ya have it!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest paulamariez

Maybe Cooper had a run in with a sharp branch on a bush or something? Maybe he tried sticking that giant, long needlenose somewhere it didn't belong! My dorkasaurus Domino cut his face on a sharp part of the fencing in his kennel when he jumped up when he saw us come home from somewhere. A million to one shot that this would have happened, but Ding Dong Dom managed to find a way! I went through his kennel afterwards and covered every little sharp spot with duct tape so it wouldn't happen again. Tell that pretty boy Cooper he's not the only klutzy hound around town! And to be more careful so he doesn't ruin his gorgeous looks by turning into a Scarface! Dom carried around that nickname for awhile after that!

Not a branch or anything - he's crated when we are not home. It was not there when he came in the house from his morning constitutional (unless DH is truly that unobservant. I would not put it past him! :P).

He's got scars, don't worry! The first day we were in our current house, he ran face first into the fence! He was around the corner of the house, but we heard him scream! Neighbors must've thought we were abusers!

He ripped open a spot on the top of his muzzle. It was not huge, but since we had just moved in, and had nothing unpacked, muche less organized, I had to run to the pharmacy to buy supplies to treat him. He's still got a little dent-like scar where it happened...

Well you could always send that dork out here ;)

Oh HECK no! But he does have a litter-brother and two cousins who need homes! ;)

Well you could always send that dork out here ;)

Oh HECK no! But he does have a litter-brother and two cousins who need homes! ;)

Ya know I was sure I wasn't going to do this for all the reasons I had given you but....it'll happen :rolleyes:

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless