I Am A Believer...emt Gel Is A Wonder Drug

Guest AlmondJoy

Guest skywalker

Hi All!

My grey unfortunately due to a STUPID vet who could not diagnose the difference between pink eye and an abscessed tooth, caused my boy the night before his surgery to remove the teeth causing the abscess (this was AFTER I told the stupid woman it was his teeth!), to paw the side of his face where the abscess was and scrape into it. I tried everything to get it to heal over the past 2 days and nothing was working. Until I read this thread. TOday I had the DH pick up a tube of EMT gel and we placed it on the wound. My question is....how often do you reapply (if any) and do you wash the area that was already treated before applying new? Also, if you reapply will it cause a huge mess or abnormal scaring? Note this is on the right side of his face under the eye and along the side of his snout?

PLEASE HELP!

Denise

We actually just bought the spray Monday through Amazon and it seems to be working greyt!!

Of course she does want to lick it.

I will definitely buy some of the gel and try it.

Darlene

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012

Guest K9Cookies

Thank goodness I've seen this thread! :P I bought the EMT spray from GEM last year at Dewey and I hate it! It doesn't seem to do anything. I'll definitely pick up some of the gel to have on hand. Thanks for writing about the differences between the two! :D

I swear by it and use it for cuts and scrapes and hot spots, as a matter of fact I was just getting ready to order more since I have been using it on my senior guy, he has a hot spot between his toes on one foot he just started licking, he suffers from seasonal and grass allergies. It is the best product and I first heard of it here on GT.

Guest skywalker
I swear by it and use it for cuts and scrapes and hot spots, as a matter of fact I was just getting ready to order more since I have been using it on my senior guy, he has a hot spot between his toes on one foot he just started licking, he suffers from seasonal and grass allergies. It is the best product and I first heard of it here on GT.

How often do you apply it?

Yep, hydrotherapy is the best thing ever, especially for those cuts and nicks are guys tend to get in the darndest of places. You either take a shower head or a outside faucet hose and run it over the wound (not a hard jet spray) a couple times a day for about a minute and any wound would heal really, really quick.

Hydrotherapy is also an old horseman's best friend - wherever there are horses, hydrotherapy (using cold water) is used when necessary. Keeps the wound clean and encourages the growth of pink, healthy skin. I have used it on some pretty awful wounds and been very successful with it - vets also encourage hydrotherapy.

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

It really depends on the wound, a bad wound I will apply at least twice a day but it only takes a few days to see a difference then I apply once a day until the woud id pretty much healed. Anything needing more is a vet visit.

Guest skywalker
It really depends on the wound, a bad wound I will apply at least twice a day but it only takes a few days to see a difference then I apply once a day until the woud id pretty much healed. Anything needing more is a vet visit.

Thanks so much for the advice! I got him a Cozy Cone and it seems to help a lot with the bumping and scatching - he uses a "people" wide bandaid since it sticks great - seems to help keep it protected. (that is after the emt is dry!)